Out of province inspections in SASK

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my time in ab is over and we are finally moving back to SK. I've got 3 vehicles that have side window tint and I don't really want to peel it off. anyone on here do out of province safeties in SK or know of a shop that would over look the tint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my time in ab is over and we are finally moving back to SK. I've got 3 vehicles that have side window tint and I don't really want to peel it off. anyone on here do out of province safeties in SK or know of a shop that would over look the tint?

Where in sask?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You plan on riding the mountains next year? I'm always looking for more people to go with, whether it's me on your trip or you on my trip. PM me if you are interested.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the tint isn't too dark they might not care, maybe call them and ask. Stay away from tire shops/oil change shops that say they do safeties. The kal tire in swift made my friend replace his windshield even though it wasn't damaged and they always tell you that you need new ball joints when you don't.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they are like here in Alberta you will be removing the tint. Alberta is pretty hard on those that fudge the system. If caught you can loosed your licience. Saskatchewan probally the same

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tint issue is not to bad in sk I've had buddies who have got caught several times and every time they have to peel it off and go show them that it's removed but don't get a ticket. On the ball joint issue I just put moog heavy duty greasable ball joints in 10000 km ago and all I do is highway driving so I would be pissed off if some punk at a tire shop said they were wore out when I know they are not. I'll stay away from those theiven bastages.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You maybe able to work a $$$$ deal to do all 3 units at the same place. Maybe get them pre checked over here before you take them to Saskatchewan. We have had people take cars back to the province they are from to sell them there. To much wrong with them to fix and cant sell them here without a inspection and repair.

revdog

Reaction score
In AB just the front side tint needs tobe removed.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Best way, if your tint is good shape on your windows, find someone with non tinted windows and just switch the glass out. Thats what we did on buddy's truck, only takes like 10 minutes. Good shops are out there, i believe i heard fountain tire in saskatoon was a good place. Sometimes you might luck out with Canadian tire inspections that you get a retarded mechanic haha

Top Bottom