one cylinder full of oil

vegamark

Reaction score
we went out sledding today, when we got there i unloaded the sleds and changed the spark plugs in my wifes 2000 skidoo 700 formula z, then tryed to start it, i pulled it for awhile and it wouldnt start, pulled the plugs and the cylinder on the mag side is full of oil! has anyone seen this before, or know what is wrong with this sled, we had it out 3 weeks ago and it ran fine
thanks in advance mark

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is a brass fitting on the oil line there is a ball & spring that is stuck open this is there to keep the oil from the tank to leak into motor , fitting maybe on the pump or where the oil line hooks up on motor,carb,cylinder

Sun Sport

Reaction score
It also could be the crank seal that holds oil in the center cavity for the worm gear that drives the water pump and oil pump. Easy way to check is to drain cylinder and pinch off hose going to the check valve as stated above, then let it sit a day or so (do not run the motor) then check for oil in cylinder.If there is oil then I would think the crank seal is shot. Hope this helps:d:d:beer::beer:

Top Bottom