Old Hockey cards

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dad’s got Bobby Hull’s rookie, the downfall he drew a pen moustache on it at a young age. Only if he knew then what it be worth currently. How lots of these beauty cards are lost or destroyed. Some of these cards came in gum packs and had no value at the time.

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must of been a one off print or a very rare serial numbered one, the usual gretzky rooks are quite common, had two different ones, one was a topps, and one was a o-pee-chee when i was young, my grandpa gave me both in like 1990, they were worth far more than today

Ya I have one in my pile. I think the last time I checked on eBay, the same card was $170 maybe. Not worth selling imo.
I heard about the one selling , like you said it must be the only one or maybe Wayne and his dad signed it or something!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It says " Wayne is the considered the best prospect to turn professional since Guy Lafleur" Who wrote that back in 1979 was more than correct.
Screenshot (15).png

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have a few Jagr rookie cards in cases from when I was a Kid, was a pretty big fan. Modano and tucotte, Bure. Not sure if I still have the signed Nedved one or not. All jammed in a box in the basement.....somewhere

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got some good ones that are rare like Glenn Sather , believe he played in the American hockey league, Got 5 Larry Robinson Rookie Cards , and about 800 various cards from 70 too 75 . For sale...One Million Dollars lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
These are all my doubles from when I was a kid, I had all 6 teams and made the mistake of glueing them too cardboard and hanging them on my bedroom wall lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have a few Jagr rookie cards in cases from when I was a Kid, was a pretty big fan. Modano and tucotte, Bure. Not sure if I still have the signed Nedved one or not. All jammed in a box in the basement.....somewhere

If that bure card is signed it’s likely worth something as he didn’t like giving autographs

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I think my mom still has my 3 shoe boxes full of hockey and baseball cards from the '60's and early 70's.... Some day i'll go through them ;)

i'm also hoping she has all my old hotwheels from the 60's and early 70's(my brother and i used to have a lot of them!!!)

wonder if there's a market for marbles(all sizes and types) and steelies from the '60's and early '70's too?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think my mom still has my 3 shoe boxes full of hockey and baseball cards from the '60's and early 70's.... Some day i'll go through them ;)

i'm also hoping she has all my old hotwheels from the 60's and early 70's(my brother and i used to have a lot of them!!!)

wonder if there's a market for marbles(all sizes and types) and steelies from the '60's and early '70's too?
After seeing what the Gretzky card went for I'd be looking at them asap and putting them in a fireproof safe till they can be appraised.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably worth about $10 as a package deal, those years of cards are worth less than the material and ink

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used all those hockey card on my peddle bike to make it like a harley

Makes ya Wounder how many rookie cards suffered the same fate? I'm guessing quite a few.

That million dollar card was rated a perfect 10, a real unicorn. Dosent mean they are all worth that. Not even close.

I have 2 shoeboxes full, all from 77-80. Lots of gooders in there, lots of All-Stars and special edition cards. All cards are O-pee-chee. None for sale though.

I only wish wish I still had my Hot Wheels collection, man I had hundreds of them at one point.

Top Bottom