Home Audio

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Its high end stuff. Wasnt sure how much you were looking to spend. Marrantz is a solid bet. They have good stuff at every price point.
Appreciate the heads up. Nothing like walking in a store, eyes popping out, pee dribble on the jeans to walk out with your head low lol.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will admit, I fell into that trap. Still have the speakers to prove it. Definitely not the ones that I’m using.
Nuance? Lol. I think everyone Owned a set of those at some point in the late 90s. I still have mine in my shop

Reactions: zal

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to upgrade the home receiver to a new one.
Who or where do you trust in Edmonton to buy or deal with.
For chits and giggles, brands that you have or looking at.
Right now I have a Pioneer sc-61. Definitely not high end, but she’s 10 years old and time to move to the garage.
Double Diamond, best by far.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m digging my multi zone system. Six inputs and 6 out per amp. 3 pre outs for externally powered add on or subs per amp. Can bridge 3 amps together for up to 18 zones.

App controlled. Streams it’s own feed from your wifi but can Bluetooth. Phone is just a remote through the app. The streamer is nice as the music still streams of you leave or get phone calls, ect.

Attachments

• 63D249E0-CEBD-4A97-AAA2-59D6F57442AE.png
    63D249E0-CEBD-4A97-AAA2-59D6F57442AE.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 6BA95F63-0639-4A57-B98A-181B4161FF96.png
    6BA95F63-0639-4A57-B98A-181B4161FF96.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 54

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will admit, I fell into that trap. Still have the speakers to prove it. Definitely not the ones that I’m using.

Did they offer you 5 year financing ? Seems like a lifetime ago that was the normal haha. Phoenix gold speakers haha

• Haha

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you get, make sure it has a lot of HDMI inputs, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. I moved my old Technics receiver out to the garage and replaced it with a newer Onkyo system several years ago. I do however still have the original Technics speakers, a set of surround and center channel speakers (from good ole International Stereo), and a nice Klipsch sub from Costco. I'd like to pick up a decent turntable at some time. I really wish I would have held on to all of my old vinyl!

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just switch all of my equipment to wireless sound bar with rear speakers. Everything is wireless including the connection to the tv and its the best setup i have had yet. Heck i cannot even give my old Yamaha system away that probably never had more than a single moving run through it and just sat their doing nothing for years. Best thing was getting rid of a couple hundred feet of wiring and connections...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate wires too.

If i build a dedicated home theater room with dolby atmos, wires would have to go in the walls.

Some of these setups with 14 + speakers would be ridiculous otherwise.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another one for Sonos- have it in the kitchen, living room, upstairs tv area, outdoor speakers, master bedroom and will be adding to the garage here shortly. Can setup zones and airplay wherever you would like and have different items playing in different zones. I’ve just kept building over the years and am very happy with the sound quality and ease of use!

Top Bottom