ok i can already see me getting a lot of flack for this one

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never run into this up here in the pine pass. kids are encourged and helped, old dudes also. they are a blast to watch and usually running smaller sleds so its a ski tug to get them back to being terrorists, let them play i wish i could have rode with the big boys when i was a kid!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to take the initiative and start a conversation or express your feelings to them...ask them to share the space and let them know others would like to use the cabin. Sometimes people don't think or might not realize they are offending someone. And whether we think they should realize it or not, they are busy trying to keep their family entertained and warm...not thinking about how much bench space might be available for you. Some of us are clued in and some are not...but complaining after the fact to the 'large family in the cabin' doesn't do much. Sharing your thoughts at the time might have freed up some space for others, or at least for yourself and might make them think twice next time about sharing with others. Take the initiative and speak up. :cool:

We don't go to the cabins unless we have to...it's easier to just ride and set up our own 'camp' away from the crowds and kids :d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 5 kids and one grandparent that sleds with us all the time..........my kids usually behave sometimes the four year old puts on his attila the hun show but we cool him off in the snow bank!!! BUT that grandma we take can sometimes get real rowdy and hard to control!!!!!

Oh we'll be at the south shelter in the CNP sometime tomorrow...could someone have the fire lit for us?????

Jan

Bwaaa haa haaaaa Jan!!!!

I'd light a fire for your family any time!! big hug.

I have 4 biological kids, and through the years have accumulated 6 step kids. I absolutely LOVE kids, and I think it's nice to have families out there during the holidays enjoying the snow. Granted some people and some families have better manners than others.

As for my kids, they are the ones you see volunteering, helping out our club during projects. They'd be the ones helping pack wood in, or passing out stuff during the parade, helping raise prizes for our poker run, helping out during our kid's beacon practice sessions.
I agree with Tam, if you feel disrespected speak up, only then will you be heard.

PowderSlayer

Reaction score
Ok. Give me a break....complaining about some kids at a cabin having fun during the Christmas Break??? That is completely ABSURD.

Well, you know what gets me seeing RED?? Going into a cabin and finding a bunch of grown men smoking the wacky tobaccy and my kids can't even go inside to warm up!! How's that for people that are considerate of other users??

thats rude too! grown men or even teenage boys shouuld know better

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. Give me a break....complaining about some kids at a cabin having fun during the Christmas Break??? That is completely ABSURD.

Well, you know what gets me seeing RED?? Going into a cabin and finding a bunch of grown men smoking the wacky tobaccy and my kids can't even go inside to warm up!! How's that for people that are considerate of other users??

well said sq. its frickin' christmas, busiest time on the hills for familys! Wacky tabacky or the trucker mouths that have to say every second word as "fawk this, fawk that", I feel bad for the familys having to endure this in the cabins, if you've sledded for any amount of time, you have seen this on many many occasions - no wonder they probably weren't too keen on others crashing the party, you never know who is walking thru the door. Sledding is a family sport, everyone just needs to have a little more respect. I would have asked them politely to free up some space, probably would have been fine with them if asked.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate kids so when I see them at the cabins I just leave and go have a rest somewhere else nothing worse than kids running around making noise when I just wanna sit back have a quick drink and a bullchit

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate kids so when I see them at the cabins I just leave and go have a rest somewhere else nothing worse than kids running around making noise when I just wanna sit back have a quick drink and a bullchit

You're missing out fella, that's one purk with the kids. Rule #1 "NEED ICE"
& Rule #2 "NEED MIX" I luv sledding with my boys! Oh & if you asked for a hand getting unstuck "if you ride Polaris that is" they would help you out there as well! Nuff nitter natter lets all just have some fun & ride safe guys & gals.................

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having families up at the cabins I never see this at the Renshall but the dope smokers are a problem to me .We stop for a warm up and lunch and open the door the smell was outrages

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love seeing kids on the mountain too! Most of the kids that come up are of MOMMA's variety... The ones that help shovel the stairs out and pack firewood. Kids can be easily convinced to step outside and play if they are just sitting there taking up space on a bench. I love grabbing the kids from the cabin and helping them build booters so they can launch off of them with snowboards and tobaggans. Other people's kids are great!!!!

I fully agree with smoking in the cabin too.. Not just the wacky stuff! I'm allergic to smoke, why should I have to go outside while some jerk sits there all warm and toasty smoking in the cabin??? Not to mention stinking up everyone's gear.... RUDE!!!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this is why i dont head up to ride on busy weekends i avoid long weekends and holidays. I just hate goin up and having hundreds of sleds out. I know i sound greddy but the best times are when i dont cross another track all day:)

Top Bottom