Oil light, tank, and safe guard

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am probably gonna get heckled for this one but... Does skidoo have any safety's for when you run low/out of oil? The oil light comes on at 1/8 tank, but is there a dummy shut down if she runs dry?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try it and let us know how that works for ya lol

Hah, i ask because it happened... Not by choice. Went 30km with light on, by the time I got to the truck it was beeping a lot. So I just wonder if you kept going it would just shut down. I am thinking yes as the oil pump is electric. But just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah, i because it happened... Not by choice. Went 30km with light on, by the time I got to the truck it was beeping a lot. So I just wonder if you kept going it would just shut down. I am thinking yes as the oil pump is electric. But just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

I wish my old 98 600rmk had a beeper... Lol. I fill the xm every ride, lesson learned!

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A answer I'll never know because I top oil up after every day of riding or gas fill up. It's a great, safe habit to do. You should try to adapt to it by the sounds of it. Lol Jk.

Top Bottom