XM done died on me

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered some MSD wire and boots to make my own plug wires. Skidoo here wants 30 bucks a pop and clearly there not worth that price. 35 bucks for a long chunk of wire and 50 bucks for 4 boots with clips. More expensive but I think its a better product Its a very low resistance wire but with a “excellent” suppression to eliminate Emf and RFI, so hopefully it doesn’t cause issues with the computer and such. Also I wouldn’t want it making my Radio all scratchy, lol:d

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if it matters but there was a guy who bought an aero a few years back ( the post is here somewhere) but he installed his kit knew and it would fall on it’s face. He tried everything to figure it out. He even reverted his sled
completely back to stock to which it ran fine. It turned out to be a bad fuel controller that was brand new. Borrow one from some one and just plug there’s in. Ride it around and see if it does again. But might be those spark plug wires also!

Last edited:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if it matters but there was a guy who bought an aero a few years back ( the post is here somewhere) but he installed his kit knew and it would fall on it’s face. He tried everything to figure it out. He even reverted his sled
completely back to stock to which it ran fine. It turned out to be a bad fuel controller that was brand new. Borrow one from some one and just plug there’s in. Ride it around and see if it does again. But might be those spark plug wires also!

thanks for the Heads up! I have no idea where I would get a fuel controller, but if the plug wires don’t fixer, I think that’s definitely my next option. Ive heard some even went with a completely different fuel controller, but I hope it doesn’t come to that....

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the Heads up! I have no idea where I would get a fuel controller, but if the plug wires don’t fixer, I think that’s definitely my next option. Ive heard some even went with a completely different fuel controller, but I hope it doesn’t come to that....

I think you can search for a controller. Or borrow one from someone

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, Happy to report it Returned home under its own power for the very first time today! Looks like the wires were my Issue. Its still quite boggy if you hammer it from a slow cruise, but goes good once the Turbo lights off. Might need to play with the fuel settings a bit, but at least it runs now, so thats a start.
56C7A705-D30A-4CE8-AA3A-82ADA1070C4C.jpg 9D22E1CC-E705-4960-B265-D9BC178B9C5D.jpg

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, Happy to report it Returned home under its own power for the very first time today! Looks like the wires were my Issue. Its still quite boggy if you hammer it from a slow cruise, but goes good once the Turbo lights off. Might need to play with the fuel settings a bit, but at least it runs now, so thats a start.
View attachment 232323View attachment 232324

belt deflection looks pretty loose that will make it boggy on take off

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 232323

I've made those same plug wires and ran them on all my Doo's. Great product.

Top Bottom