Oil could be scary....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oilers just picked Ryan Nugent Hopkins 1st overall at the NHL draft. With Eberle, Hall, Hopkins and all the other young talent they are starting to accumulate it could be scary for the rest of the NHL in a couple more years.:eek::eek:

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... If they can develop despite the filler around them?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oilers just picked Ryan Nugent Hopkins 1st overall at the NHL draft. With Eberle, Hall, Hopkins and all the other young talent they are starting to accumulate it could be scary for the rest of the NHL in a couple more years.:eek::eek:
They will just trade them all to the la kings for cash and go on a 15 year re-bulid.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
lets not forget they got smitty back.......YISSER. captain canada is comin home.......phuckin eh.....all they needed was the heart back and the experience......the heart and soul of hockey is back in edmonton.......:d:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets not forget they got smitty back.......YISSER. captain canada is comin home.......phuckin eh.....all they needed was the heart back and the experience......the heart and soul of hockey is back in edmonton.......:d:beer:
is it for sure now? saw a few different reports today that said he was going to calgary....:eek:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am a Flames fan but a hockey fan first and foremost. If those young guns develop like they should and Smitty has a few more good years in him they could look alot like the Oilers of the 80's. I know I wish the Flames future looked as bright as your guys does. :):beer:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think with RNH and HAll good things are going to happen , the one that i like is OMARK though . He has sick tenacious talent....They need some grit though. Konopka is on there radar i think....

Reaction score
Even with all the recent high draft choices and Young Guns, LOSERton needs a GREAT goaltender to be a winning team.

saw a few different reports today that said he was going to calgary....:eek:

I agree with the :eek: Tee...seeing Fuhr, Smith and Staios in the "FLAMIN C" was bad enough but Smyth would have been seriously WRONG!!! ;)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even with all the recent high draft choices and Young Guns, LOSERton needs a GREAT goaltender to be a winning team.

I agree with the :eek: Tee...seeing Fuhr, Smith and Staios in the "FLAMIN C" was bad enough but Smyth would have seriously WRONG!!! ;)
calgary has a lot of old talent, it would be a mistake for them to add another "old guy". they need to go the opposite direction and get some young blood in their organization

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Well according to tsn last night smitty's an oiler, according to team 1260 today.......they are still working out details but it looks like a deal has been made

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Reaction score
calgary has a lot of old talent, it would be a mistake for them to add another "old guy". they need to go the opposite direction and get some young blood in their organization

I agree 100% Tee...I believe that Smyth would have only been a temporary trade here and that something else was in the works. Not sure to where or for what but would guess it was to the city north on the QEII and for a draft pick or two.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hopefully Boolin can keep up the pace and DD can keep the pressure on him....

I agree with the :eek: Tee...seeing Fuhr, Smith and Staios in the "FLAMIN C" was bad enough but Smyth would have been seriously WRONG!!! ;)

Top Bottom