Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out as a reminder to wear it no matter what , on the tunnel is useless, just saying

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if the backpack he is wearing is big and bulky and now that small Avy catches and drags him down further because he was wearing a big bulky pack that holds a bunch of snow?

Point is, not everything is black and white. Yes it's great to mention what someone appears to be lacking but it can be twisted several ways when pointing fingers at something in one photo.

Anyhow, snow was great the last 3 days. Thanks to the lot attendants getting parking sorted at Boulder for everyone. Looked like a busy few days!

That's all I have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
then don't wear a big bulky pack. No excuse not to have shovel and probe on your person at all times IMO.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not justifying what the guy did or didn't do but this isn't the forum/thread for it.

Fingers can be pointed at anyone and we all can do a little better.

How many people regularly practice with their transceivers? How many people check their buddies and the function of their own equipment before they head up the trail?

How many people wear Avy bags? How many people keep their probes/shovels in their Avy bags?

In an Avy response situation you are going to now remove your pack to get your probe taking away a secondary safety device to use a recovery tool. So what's better? Having it on your person or maybe on your sled? Or how about both. How many guys carry two probes? Feel free to muddy the waters a little more.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not justifying what the guy did or didn't do but this isn't the forum/thread for it.

Fingers can be pointed at anyone and we all can do a little better.

How many people regularly practice with their transceivers? How many people check their buddies and the function of their own equipment before they head up the trail?

How many people wear Avy bags? How many people keep their probes/shovels in their Avy bags?

In an Avy response situation you are going to now remove your pack to get your probe taking away a secondary safety device to use a recovery tool. So what's better? Having it on your person or maybe on your sled? Or how about both. How many guys carry two probes? Feel free to muddy the waters a little more.

Well I do I guess , when I went to Wes Gano refreshers course, he said I'm like 1 in a thousand that have two of each

And wished more would, for the reasons I listed

If u have your pack off to dig a shovel and probes out and a avy wave comes

And now either ur pack is off and not much good having a avy bag

Or your group is all gone, you made it to the top

Now u have no sled, no pack, no shovel, no probes

But if your pack is on u, now u have shovel and probes

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Nice sunny day with warm temperatures!
Sure beats those overcast dreary days we had lots of all winter.

Sun and wind burn is not a bad feeling. LOL!

Ride on...or right on? Ah, they both work!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Thanks for the kudos for the staff, is it busy.
It was warm enough today for Herb to open up more parking at the Bezanson/Kirkup Please be patient we are turning everyone around up top so you are all heading down the hill at the end of the day.
You are still riding from the lot at Frisby and that is your update for the wknd.
Have a good one and be safe up there everyone. It is going to be a warm one. 13-14 C

and here is a strong message for everyone heading to the mtns. for the wknd.
https://www.facebook.com/richard.cronier/videos/10153519081391794/

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Boulder yesterday and today keystone.. Good spring riding but snow could use a refresh after today

seen a big group from the Wasington that came up for a ten day trip, but at the motel we're packing bags after day three, sounds like keystone trail was the final straw for them.. So sad Revy could not run a Groomer up it once a month, somewhat a safety concern if s&r was needed..

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S&R was out there this weekend in keystone. Not sure why exactly they just had it on Facebook is all

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we were asked Friday night to help out, were a group that spent the night in hole, were able to call out with radios there location to helicopter but we're not seen, so s&r was called, they were found the next night and out before morning

over heating up and down happened around ten times per direction, and very sharp moguls.. Conditions were good once in

S&R was out there this weekend in keystone. Not sure why exactly they just had it on Facebook is all

Hughman

Reaction score
Just want to give a huge shout out to Full Speed Shop & Rentals by Peaks! Hey guys, unreal service from you & your team in the back and awesome techs working there, I highly recommend these guys to get you back on the hill if your in a pinch! Also would like to thank the sled shed for having some parts in stock for me as well also huge on your behalf, and to both shops for being open late afternoon last Friday! You made my last trip of the year a success in my books. When you pull your rope right outta your recoil & having 2 bent springs in the matter seemed impossible to fix at the time but found the parts between both shops & made it good again our guys and myself had one hell of a trip too! Just wanted to give a rave to these services in Revy, thanks & see yah next winter Revelstoke!

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Boulder yesterday and today keystone.. Good spring riding but snow could use a refresh after today

seen a big group from the Wasington that came up for a ten day trip, but at the motel we're packing bags after day three, sounds like keystone trail was the final straw for them.. So sad Revy could not run a Groomer up it once a month, somewhat a safety concern if s&r was needed..

Would be a good plan, but..... There is a lot more to just running a groomer up there once a month. First you need approval from government, then the club would need to buy a semi and a low bed to haul it, then a booth and someone there to collect fees to cover all the costs, oh and parking, definitely need parking. That is why these areas can be great, like 99% of the areas if you are willing to make the mission you are usually rewarded. The club does have applications in to groom a couple different areas but they take time to figure out the logistics and we are not targeting much to the north with all the caribou issues. We do understand that more groomed areas would be good and are working on it, but look at the infrastructure needed in the two areas we currently groom and you can see why we don't just go groom once a month, we groom Boulder sometimes 4 times a day and some people still complain, imagine if word got out we groomed out there and 200 guys show up, better be ready.
I agree too bad they left but we(10) volunteers are trying to provide the best experience we can but you will never satisfy everyone.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The Club has cleared out more parking area at the top of the 3 km junction up the Bazanson. We still have limited parking for enclosed trailers. Time for decks and 2 place open trailers!!!!!!! Will let you know soon if we will be grooming after Easter wknd. .......and you are still riding and parking in the lot at Frisby.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here in sicamous, please it's deck and 2 place open trailers at most

Your 30 foot enclosed takes up 5 other spots for others with decks to park in

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Club has cleared out more parking area at the top of the 3 km junction up the Bazanson. We still have limited parking for enclosed trailers. Time for decks and 2 place open trailers!!!!!!! Will let you know soon if we will be grooming after Easter wknd. .......and you are still riding and parking in the lot at Frisby.
I have a 2 place enclosed... will that be ok to unload at 3k Meow!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come om Tex78 , my trailer is a 39 foot enclosed ;)
Well get up there before everyone else lol

And yes your trailer is retarded big, and only good for certain times of the year

U may have piss on your wheels and doors lol, just saying

When ya coming out, haven't heard sh!t from ya

Last edited:
Top Bottom