Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are logging on Griffin, road is plowed down to dirt for 5km, no room to turn around or park, cut a tire on all the tree shrapnel. I wouldn't bother going there until they are done logging!

We spoke with a couple of the guys when we rode up there last week and they said they would be logging right through the season.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Revelstoke Club has heard any official word on Griffon logging timing? Would be sad if no access all year.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you ride from frisby parking lot

A few weeks ago they started grooming from the parking lot. There wasn't much snow for the first few KMs so some rocks were popping up on the trail.

Hasn't snowed much since then, but I'm sure parking lot parking and trail fees are still in place.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12cm in last 7days maybe the reason? New snow Wednesday as of right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 400 sleds on Friday and likely 800 on Saturday that went up Boulder made sure those 12cm were put to good use. Haha. Lots of guys up from the U.S. With their holiday weekend.

All riding can be done from the bottom if you wanted. Frisby is fine. No new snow to drag down so I wouldn't call it groomed. The high spots flattened out. The first 3km of Boulder to the Kirkup turnoff was plowed to gravel and slick as ice so trailers are all from the bottom as of the start of the weekend but I am not sure when the hauling is done at the pit. Parking at 3k is limited.

Big time inversion. Cold in town. Above freezing above 5000'. All the snow melting off the trees and great sun tanning weather. Should be changing quick.

Other than that, not much to report. Need a good 3-4 feet to fill in some spots.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there the last 4 days, and it it true...

Revy needs snow. Keystone had a HUGE carnage count Saturday.

Pounded like a parking lot in most places.. we found untouched in our sweet spots though.

I think the 400 sleds on Friday and likely 800 on Saturday that went up Boulder made sure those 12cm were put to good use. Haha. Lots of guys up from the U.S. With their holiday weekend.

All riding can be done from the bottom if you wanted. Frisby is fine. No new snow to drag down so I wouldn't call it groomed. The high spots flattened out. The first 3km of Boulder to the Kirkup turnoff was plowed to gravel and slick as ice so trailers are all from the bottom as of the start of the weekend but I am not sure when the hauling is done at the pit. Parking at 3k is limited.

Big time inversion. Cold in town. Above freezing above 5000'. All the snow melting off the trees and great sun tanning weather. Should be changing quick.

Other than that, not much to report. Need a good 3-4 feet to fill in some spots.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out to revy/sicamous on Friday through Monday, trying to decide on the best place to ride. Sounds like there is snow is the forecast for both if it stays cold enough, currently looks like itll be rain in town. Hoping its worth the drive right now, but a weekend out sledding is always better than a weekend at home

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1449186375499.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sir that's a mmmmmmmmm Forcast

Yeah an over exaggerated one. But good none the less

ski hill always over forecasts so people drive out. They just want to make money.

Take the average of the skihill and snow-forecast and that is pretty close to what Boulder will get.

Top Bottom