snowed all day
super fun first day out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 799

CB1

Reaction score
Maybe the farmers almanac will be right this year. Hope not but it said it will be a low low snow year. 

2014-2015 Farmers almanac, says above average temperatures over the winter months with way above average snowfall continuing into April. Is there more than 1 farmers almanac?

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup --- sale is usually the first place you can ride --- looking a bit better than Boulder with it's 18 inches of wet snow on sat T

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
2014-2015 Farmers almanac, says above average temperatures over the winter months with way above average snowfall continuing into April. Is there more than 1 farmers almanac?[/QUOTE

i second this! I am sure we will get nice pow this year even locally again.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
“We’re looking at the T-Rex of winters,” Jack Burnett, editor of the Old Farmer’s Almanac, said on CTV’s Canada AM on Thursday.

“It’s going to be colder, it’s going to be snowier … it’s not pretty.”

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow level 700 feet --- but cold on the way -- very little precipitation -- then lots of precipitation --- keep your snow dancing and tweerking for snow going --T

Last edited:

sledder325

Reaction score
Boulder Cabin today --- from the Yamacam--- from earlier this am -- so things would have changed --- snow level 700 feet --- but cold on the way -- very little precipitation -- then lots of precipitation --- keep your snow dancing and tweerking for snow going --T
Where do you find the yamacam

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Just came back from a epic snow bike ride on Sale and what a difference one storm cycle can make. Three of us made it from the tower to the north end and rode most of the mountain on a 4 foot base and waist deep power. The wind has been blowing the snow around so you can find less or more depending where you ride, I found the conditions great for early season but that will be different for others comfort level as there are hazards. We unloaded at 9k in lots of snow, might try Frisby on Tuesday if the snow line is low enough.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 845
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 843
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 835
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 835

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back from a epic snow bike ride on Sale and what a difference one storm cycle can make. Three of us made it from the tower to the north end and rode most of the mountain on a 4 foot base and waist deep power. The wind has been blowing the snow around so you can find less or more depending where you ride, I found the conditions great for early season but that will be different for others comfort level as there are hazards. We unloaded at 9k in lots of snow, might try Frisby on Tuesday if the snow line is low enough.
I see jack made it with u... Looks good

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to go out from edmonton? Im dying to get out there, new guy.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3' at the cabin 4'on top. You can tell there was almost nothing before this last storm

Yeah it was pretty obvious there was not much prior to this weekend.

Sad part is there is nothing else forecasted for 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom