New XM at home sitting in the Garage

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best paint i think to use for your windshields is Krylon plasic paint, satin black. you can find this in canadain tire. the paint is usually in the house paint section not the automotive section. and only paint the inside of the windshield not the front. do light coats, dont pour it on haha

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Did you guys get a manual with sled. Maybe its hidden and cant find it.
I only have three tools on the clutch cover? WTF.
No more tool kits, plug wrench, emergency pull cord?

Did my dealer forget or they are not supplied anymore?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Pull cord should be in the heated storage with some other tools... Manual should be under the seat.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Pull cord should be in the heated storage with some other tools... Manual should be under the seat.

Thanks T-Team.
Head back to the dealer and get the tools and manual this morning..... Nothing found in sled.
I was so excited to get new sled , I never even thought to look or ask.
Picked up all my accesories, loaded on deck and gone in a whirlewind.... LOL!

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled! You better show me how to ride that thing this year haha. It's Tyler btw. Did you get your decal kit?

YFZ 450

Reaction score
Nice sled! You better show me how to ride that thing this year haha. It's Tyler btw. Did you get your decal kit?
Will do. Lol. How did your schooling go? Will see you in Dec

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best paint i think to use for your windshields is Krylon plasic paint, satin black. you can find this in canadain tire. the paint is usually in the house paint section not the automotive section. and only paint the inside of the windshield not the front. do light coats, dont pour it on haha

with this paint your windshield is no longer transparent right ?
Think i'll hit mine up with a couple of coats of spray tint.. would like it to be a little transparent

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went good! I wrote my final and then drove to sicamous that evening to ride the xms. In going back in feb

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would be the best paint to use on those windsheilds so it doesn't crack or flake off and look like ch!t after a couple rides? I cannot find any aftermarket all black windsheilds and the other ones skidoo have to offer are shitty colours.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would be the best paint to use on those windsheilds so it doesn't crack or flake off and look like ch!t after a couple rides? I cannot find any aftermarket all black windsheilds and the other ones skidoo have to offer are shitty colours.

If you use enough Krylon, you won't care from the fumes.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

as mentioned earlier in the thread, KRYLON FUSION satin black paint
used it on my FR windshield a couple weeks ago, worked great and its a $6 mod

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used Krylon Fusion 3 seasons ago to paint rear skid wheels on my wifes sled and its held up very well so it should be perfect on the inside of the windshield

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man there must have been a lot of these ordered.

Driving by Martin's west today, and saw 2 pickups drive out with all black rides on the back. I was drooling, not the best thing to be gawking at a sweet XM with these road conditions.. :cool:

Top Bottom