New update for 800CFI

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Stephen, could you ask Barry, or whoever is in charge of the service there about the Power commander V? See what they say about modded fuel maps and warranty, cause I'm guessing they'll throw it out the window with it on. :(

Likely see ya this week or next for the update to try first, before I head back to Blue @ the end of this month.

Lanko

Reaction score
Just ordered a PC5 for my 2010 D8, ordered it from a guy in Ontario who gets them from Jim @ Dynotech(Jim recommended getting it from him), way quicker/cheaper to ship. Cost right around $400 all in, shipping, gst, etc. Proven 10 hp gain(on dyno), which gets the sled to the claimed 154 hp it is supposed to be and 8-10 mph gain in track speed. Pretty good bang for the buck, a guy shouldn't have to drop $400 on a brand new sled but at this point I am looking at it as more of an insurance policy than anything. Polaris can't get it right so a guy might as well go with something that is proven to work, plus taking it in for a re-flash 3 times a winter gets real old. As far as warranty work goes, the PC5 installs/removes in about 5 minutes, so taking it off before taking it to your dealer is not a problem. Hopefully will have it by early next week, going to Valemount/Blue River for the long weekend so will be able to report to other D8 owners after that.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Stephen, could you ask Barry, or whoever is in charge of the service there about the Power commander V? See what they say about modded fuel maps and warranty, cause I'm guessing they'll throw it out the window with it on. :(

Likely see ya this week or next for the update to try first, before I head back to Blue @ the end of this month.

It is me and the other two parts ladies looking after service at this moment. My opinion is that SLP sells the power commander and slp and polaris are like husband and wife so personally i think you would be clear. polaris is ok with having anything else slp sells on there sled. we had to do a a reflash today so i emailed polaris about it being covered and they said that as long as the unit is expierencing one of the three syptoms in the team tip then its covered. it is only covered under factory warranty and polaris extended warranty. not the 2nd year engine warranty. If we have to charge for it cause its not covered its only 20 minutes labour.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also if something ever did go wrong it take 5 seconds to remove the power commander. no one would ever know you had it. Bring it in any time. we can get it in right away.

SnowPete

Reaction score
Hey...how has the flash / piston update for the 09 800's worked out? Any issues yet with them?
I am thinking about getting a 09 dragon 163 but not sure about the engine?
I ride up at Hunters Range....:)

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey...how has the flash / piston update for the 09 800's worked out? Any issues yet with them?
I am thinking about getting a 09 dragon 163 but not sure about the engine?
I ride up at Hunters Range....:)

I not sure what everybody is doin, but here is what i've done and it is workin.I bought used from north cycle a mint 08 D8 with the engine update and newest reflash just before christmas. I stumbled a bit below 4000', in the hill fine. I just got the newest reflash issued end of January and the machine ran perfectly with no problems. Don't be fooled this motor is strong, the old pistons only had one ring, the new ones have two, more compression. These are porpose built machines for the mountains and riding your hill climber on the flats require you change clutching. The other sleds (other than RMK or Dragon) are not clutched for the hill but rather the flats or lower elev. I know some dealers will change from stock to what they think the sled will rode for, be sure you know what springs and weights you are using in your sled and if they match your elev. of riding. It's really no different than carbs you had to fine tune then and you still do now, the only thing is that your clutch weights and you springs are closely matched to the fuel map. I have 64 grams of weight and pull 8400 revs in the hills stock springs MBRP can. just my thoughts and 2cents.

Reaction score
I Have not got the latest re-flash and have only been riding trails, ditches and lake with my 09 assault. The mid range bog is gone since the new top end and fuel map have been updated. I did notice that at around 6750-7000 RPM on the lake the " CHECK ENGINE" light will come on and stay on until WOT or let off. Should I get the latest re-flash? Also only hitting 7950RPM at WOT. Last year it was getting 8250RPM. Does this mean I need heavier weights?

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is me and the other two parts ladies looking after service at this moment. My opinion is that SLP sells the power commander and slp and polaris are like husband and wife so personally i think you would be clear...................

Thanks man. Ya this machine pulls like an ox, but stumbles around 6500 when lite on the trigger. Gets to a point where the engine light stays flashing, and you have to stop, shut-down, restart to clear it. Does Bill Gates have his hands in this mess too??? :Happy4: So it likely qualifies for the update? Only on the trail to the mtns, which could be clutch related too, but i'm not clutching for the ride up, then the hill. :nono:

Ok, enough for now buddy. I'll be by this week to get it looked after.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a PC5 for my 2010 D8, ordered it from a guy in Ontario who gets them from Jim @ Dynotech(Jim recommended getting it from him), way quicker/cheaper to ship............................................

Good stuff, you got a number, or website info to share with us poor fellers? Much appreciated brother!! :beerchug:

Ooooops, stop speed reading, re@#$d!!! Speedwerx it is........Thanks Lanko!! :cool:

Last edited:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 09 was doing the same 6200-7000 had latest flash runs spot on now.make sure they pull all codes out,mine had low injector voltage ended up with new stator,voltage reg,lower injector harness with injectors.14000.00 in warrenty repairs to date.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 09 was doing the same 6200-7000 had latest flash runs spot on now.make sure they pull all codes out,mine had low injector voltage ended up with new stator,voltage reg,lower injector harness with injectors.14000.00 in warrenty repairs to date.

:eek:...................................... :wtf1: ............................................ :tearhairout:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Ya this machine pulls like an ox, but stumbles around 6500 when lite on the trigger. Gets to a point where the engine light stays flashing, and you have to stop, shut-down, restart to clear it. Does Bill Gates have his hands in this mess too??? :Happy4: So it likely qualifies for the update? Only on the trail to the mtns, which could be clutch related too, but i'm not clutching for the ride up, then the hill. :nono:

Ok, enough for now buddy. I'll be by this week to get it looked after.

o ya you qualify easy.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, OnlyPolaris, good call on the 10 liter fuel buddy from C Tire, fits like a glove! I find the polaris straps come loose on the rough trail up the hill though, small bungies fix that problem right quick!!

Do you know off hand what your selling the PCV for, & the auto tune option?
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbo.... You got the PCV on yet? How about the auto-tune kit?
Or just happy to have it running now!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no just slp pipe kit, heavy hitter weights,delrin washers in secondary pulls hard,runs good now.I think my stator was the problem all along,stumbling running like crap etc
pulled 86mph out of it today 8250rpm.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no just slp pipe kit, heavy hitter weights,delrin washers in secondary pulls hard,runs good now.I think my stator was the problem all along,stumbling running like crap etc
pulled 86mph out of it today 8250rpm.

Glad your sled is back running again. $14K… speechless!:eek:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad your sled is back running again. $14K… speechless!:eek:

ya but for how long,engine warrenty only till june hahaha i find that part funny.may be a carls cycle big bore,it's only money.

Top Bottom