New update for 800CFI

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
been reading a few other forums i guess there is a new reflash for the cleanfire 800 AGAIN to get rid of mid range bogging that the current 2010 flash has with the motor update...
anyone else ever here of this?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its true. we got it about 2 weeks ago. it is only recommended for people who have the stumbling problem. but before you get it you need to make sure your running weights for your elevation and good gas. lots of guys having trouble are running mountain weights riding around the flat lands. switch the weights out and the problems are gone. also guys running shitty gas like huskey or co-op are having trouble.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your worried about ethanol in your fuel (because your sleds running like crap), Briggs and Stratton have a testing device. Ask your dealer if they can supply it, mine found one for me. I tested the Husky in McBride, the regular has ethanol in it the Premium did not. I buy Shell Gold and haven't had a problem. Some places don't have a Shell though and that's why I have the tester.

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
ya i get a bad midrange bog it seems, put shell gas in and still did it, whenirst had this sled out last year i could pull 8400 rpm everywhere, flat land or mountains, now i can only get 8150 on flat land and 8100 in the hills, this is retarded im kinda getting sick of this might just have to get a PCV and do preloaded maps that are dyno proven

weights could be the issue for not reving high enough, but doesnt make sense since i could pull 8400 all last winter and this year its seen 8200 max and will hold 8150, and when i let off the throttle when Wide open and pin it again it seems to garble around 7800 then goes to 8150 but doesnt seem theres any power gains, seems to be sluggish

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are running mountain weights while riding in the flat lands that is where you bog will come from.

Lanko

Reaction score
I'm riding a 2010 D8 and have had the bogging issue about 4 or 5 times, sled has approx. 300 miles on it. The only time the sled has bogged is when I have been at lower elevation 2500', has occured at home(just west of Edmonton) and when starting out on trails in Blue River and Valemount, when riding in the alpine 5000'-7000' I have had zero issues. After reading about the PCV fuel programmer I think I'm going to give it a try, there seems to be a lot of guys running them that are extremely happy with the results. Proven dyno of 10-14 hp increase, eliminates bog, hard starting, and gives a guy piece of mind that a lean burn down won't happen. After reading about the new/newest flash on Snowest I am not sold on it, sounds better but not great. Sounds like the guys at Dynotech know there stuff, fuel programmer comes pre-programmed for any sled mods and riding elevation, simple install, and you don't have to spend anytime tuning, plug it in and ride. Costs around $375 US, a guy shouldn't have to spend that kind of money after buying a new sled, but I think I'm going to suck it up and get one. I'm going to order one this week and will hopefully have it by next weekend, will post results after getting some seat time in. I'm not sold on the clutching idea, I am a firm beleiver that it is a fuel delivery issue, mainly polaris fuel mapping.

Last edited:

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
ya i think the weight issue isnt a problem, id over rev putting lighter weights in, cause the last time i rode valemount i couldnt get the sled to rev high enough, and comparing to last year when my sled pulled hard and this years update doesnt seem to be right, a programer and sum twins i think might be in order soon.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i think the weight issue isnt a problem, id over rev putting lighter weights in, cause the last time i rode valemount i couldnt get the sled to rev high enough, and comparing to last year when my sled pulled hard and this years update doesnt seem to be right, a programer and sum twins i think might be in order soon.

Only Polaris is correct. I was told by my dealer to ensure i DO NOT run mountain weights in the flats or it will bog for sure. they also said that with the weights tied so closely to the mapping that you could be out of the fuel / weight range in the parking lot in the mountains and it will clean up the higher you climb. I personally have not ridden my sled in the flats, nor have i had any bog issues at all, but will be changing the weights before i run her down low............ Just my 2 c

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the new reflash if your having trouble. It completely made mine come alive again with no issues. I highly recomend.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should be putting in heavier weights in it to run around here. 10-68's to be exact. and its either 10-60's or 10-62's for in the hills.

bensen

Reaction score
had my 2010 reflashed didnt make a difference. 62 weights in golden ran awesome 68s in saskatchewan not bad but not awesome i guess its a true mountain sled.

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
you should be putting in heavier weights in it to run around here. 10-68's to be exact. and its either 10-60's or 10-62's for in the hills.

are not the stock weights 10-68s i am sure they are

but going that low for this hills could help but doesnt make sense sincei had the stock weights in last year and my sled would pull hard at 8400rpm

also this reflash ive been told is not free cost 55$ at cycle works

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are not the stock weights 10-68s i am sure they are

but going that low for this hills could help but doesnt make sense sincei had the stock weights in last year and my sled would pull hard at 8400rpm

also this update ive been told is not free cost 55$ at cycle works

stock weights are 10-60's. yours probably came with 10-68's because some dealers change the weights for running around here. reflash is not free due to it not being a service bulletin. its just a team tip.

polaris may or may not pay for fluids but polaris allows the dealers 4.5 hours to do an update. the dealer should be able to do it in well under that time. so the extra time will cover the fluids.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the update OnlyPolaris? Locally here? Did they charge you for it?
Did it help, or were you having the stumble issues @ mid-range? Have you noticed the difference @ different elevations, before or after the updates?

Thanks a bunch! :cool:

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
stock weights are 10-60's. yours probably came with 10-68's because some dealers change the weights for running around here. reflash is not free due to it not being a service bulletin. its just a team tip.

polaris may or may not pay for fluids but polaris allows the dealers 4.5 hours to do an update. the dealer should be able to do it in well under that time. so the extra time will cover the fluids.

im not talking about that getting done lol, i should have said the reflash.
the engine update is what im complaining about how it sucks from last year

also my weights would be what ever comes from factory i havent ever checked cause i really only ride in the hills, ive just been trying to make it run right cause it runs like ch!t in the mountains and down low

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for all you guys still having problems with your 800! I worked at a polaris shop (not going to say names lol) and from what I heard was...no one knew how to fix any problem! they just kept putting on parts! polaris higher up should be smarter! sorry I like my 05 900 with 3500 miles and running strong, just a bit heavy! hey take a 900 engine and put it in a new dragon lol I know everyone says the 900 sucks but when set up right they pull to the top! and keep running!

time to freek on the higher up in polaris! how can a after market shop build a engine that runs great but a huge factory R & D shop just cant get it right? I think they are trying to loose money so they can get a loan or is it called a buy out just like all the car companies!

just my 2 cents! not trying to offend anyone with a 800 !

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the button overkill131313. Well hopefully they didn't lose my money, I might be asking for it back! ;) Do you know if the computer tracks history in detail? Could they trace it, if u installed a Power Commander V with auto tune? Sounds like the ticket for us...... so far!! Don't want to F up my 2 year warranty, trying to improve what they can't!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get the update OnlyPolaris? Locally here? Did they charge you for it?
Did it help, or were you having the stumble issues @ mid-range? Have you noticed the difference @ different elevations, before or after the updates?

Thanks a bunch! :cool:

i have not got it done. my sled is running fine so no need to. I just started working at the polaris dealer in town here so i am not sure if we would charge for it but i am thinking so. just the labor. half hour to do it at 100 an hour for labor, so 50 bucks to do it.

im not talking about that getting done lol, i should have said the reflash.
the engine update is what im complaining about how it sucks from last year

also my weights would be what ever comes from factory i havent ever checked cause i really only ride in the hills, ive just been trying to make it run right cause it runs like ch!t in the mountains and down low

sorry i was replying so someone else about the fluids thing. i would definately check out what weights your running.

Top Bottom