New project SW

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess this is why the steering rod hits. Slightly different. The camber forward with the Stryker uppers make it worse.

IMG_1759.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, you going to make it work or send them back?

Well if it was just a bit of the spindle to file off I’d probably do that. But the iceage uppers look like it’s a no go to me.

I email zbroz to see what they say about the difference in arms.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that BLOWS.
I havent even started on mine, guess time to think LOL.
I came across this a while back, you think it would remedy the issue?
Would have to custom make them up on the milling machine to fit the spindles.
img_0798.jpg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might work….. The iceage spindle doesn’t have that rib to hold it from moving.

Check for yourself but I don’t see a real good way to do it…..Without hacking things up.

the zbroz just aren’t identical to the stock geo. Not sure why they made them different.

The upper iceage Stryker upper arms and the zbroz lower arms definitely don’t mesh together well.

Stock uppers seem to be ok with stock spindles and zbroz lowers.

Unless I’m missing something. I had the upper & lowers torqued. Spindle ball joints hand tight steering joint hand tight.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks, I am defiantly not putting the stock spindles on as I feel the ice age elevate spindles were a great upgrade, same with the uppers.... Let us know if you hear back from zbroz. Thanks for all the info

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, don't give them up, I tore into mine and I definitely can make it work. It will not be a big deal.
The tie rod only needs to be shimmed up with 3 washers and it clears the shock at full lock.
The spindle will need minor dressing to allow the clearance for travel. The area needing addressing will not weaken or effect the spindle in any way.
I can post some pics of the rod end with washer if you like but the spindle will be later.
That is fitted with Iceage spindles and the Stryker upper arm.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok cool…yeah I was going to mess with it tomorrow …I thought about the washer idea. Had to do that on another sled back in the day.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone else looking at high clearance a-arms buddy of mine has the Iceage spindles and Trenchers a-arms and doesn't have any issues with clearance.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a close up at full lock and compressed.
It’s not fully compressed because the arm won’t allow, still about 1” to go.
At this point it may be necessary to install a limit screw into the spindle to reduce full lock angle.
6523FD90-2BCB-44DA-A17F-46D8AD9E9210.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I put the stock upper and spindle back on and the steering rod still hits. It’s the angle they made these arms

Also at full lock and full compression they are barley touching. The Stryker arm’s definitely make the steering rod problem worse.

Lund with the angle of the shock sloping rear ward towards the top it seems like the extra washer make it hit sooner? Or your thinking just shim it higher than the lower shock body
IMG_1768.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg
IMG_1771.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will Sean, on full compression BUT the lock to lock is too much from the getgo, even from stock. This can be remedied with a stopper installed in the spindle.
Yes I see the difference in the ball joint location, that effects the spindle caster, defeating the purpose of the use of the Strykers.
The Stryker give less caster to improve steering by slightly moving the ski spindle closer to the sled, moving the joint forward like your picture shows increases caster, defeating the purpose.
So is this intentional by ZBroz ?
I stacked mine too to compare and didn't really noticed much of a difference. Interesting.

Last edited:

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the trencher a-arms have the same geometry as the stock lowers? Something Zbroz claimed but obviously that's not the case. So basically there isn't a scenario that these lowers will work, even with stock spindles and uppers?

Top Bottom