New project SW

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I agree the bumper should wrap around the top of the tunnel on these chassis, the tunnel cap is weak, especially by the drop down brackets, the first time I bent it I added the beefed up cr racing drop brackets and some big rivets. The last bumper I had on it was weak.

Attachments

• 85945F4C-FD00-46D0-8D04-71FA03ADDB67.jpeg
    85945F4C-FD00-46D0-8D04-71FA03ADDB67.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 94
  • D01B9D8E-8B7E-4F47-B5A8-E8B7DA38660F.jpeg
    D01B9D8E-8B7E-4F47-B5A8-E8B7DA38660F.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 90

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First one was racing down a whooped out trail with too much weight on it (real smart) and the second one I came off the back and clipped it with my leg, I was surprised that bent it.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tunnel caps are definitely weak i dont put much weight on them just one gas can . I make my kids carry the rest of the gas and food, drinks

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked the alignment with the hurricane tool. Primary looked awful close to hitting the bolt heads on the stub shaft housing. Pop the primary off and looks like this will be the issue. Stub shaft bearing seated.

Man that primary was some stuck.

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you running a tune? If so throw some old clutches on that beast while your at it, all three of us in our group are running the old style and they work much better. Likely the reason that stub shaft was knocked inwards is from blowing a belt or two.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tune. Yeah there was belt shrapnel everywhere so guessing she was a belt blower.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tune. Yeah there was belt shrapnel everywhere so guessing she was a belt blower.
I struggled for two season, was exploding belts at will. Finally had some help from a buddy and installed the old clutches and never looked back, belt temps are way down and I've been on one belt for the last two seasons. Some guys have luck with the stock clutches, I was not one of them.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know some have complained about blowing belts on their Winder and yes it is a real issue but I believe it is more of an operator issue then sled in most cases.
I have 8,000+kms on mine and have yet to blow a belt. Climax, Randy Swenson same deal, no belt issues.
The big difference is I have been on a 4stroke for 13yrs now and Climax since the RX1 days. There is a learning curve and unlike 2smokes the torque a 4stroke will blow a belt almost on demand if you ride and use the throttle like a 2smoke. Fluctuating the throttle or burping is the easiest way to doit.
When I first started riding 4 strokes, I too blew belts till I learnt why. That was a long time ago, so take it for what it is but a few we found clutching was an issue but most was the operator bringing 2stroke habits to the 4stroke world.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know some have complained about blowing belts on their Winder and yes it is a real issue but I believe it is more of an operator issue then sled in most cases.
I have 8,000+kms on mine and have yet to blow a belt. Climax, Randy Swenson same deal, no belt issues.
The big difference is I have been on a 4stroke for 13yrs now and Climax since the RX1 days. There is a learning curve and unlike 2smokes the torque a 4stroke will blow a belt almost on demand if you ride and use the throttle like a 2smoke. Fluctuating the throttle or burping is the easiest way to doit.
When I first started riding 4 strokes, I too blew belts till I learnt why. That was a long time ago, so take it for what it is but a few we found clutching was an issue but most was the operator bringing 2stroke habits to the 4stroke world.
I would agree with you, they blow belts easier when riding it like a two stroke but the reality is you can take the sidewinder into the trees and chuck it around a lot easier than the earlier Yamaha's and the only way most of us can ride more technical terrain is by being on and off the throttle. Either way I still try to ride it like a two stroke and no belt issues at all anymore with the old clutches and until you tune them the belt life doesn't appear to be that bad anyway.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%, if your tree riding and loading unloading the belt your likely more prone to blowing the belt. The old shoe clutches react much slower vs the newer roller style and are also less sensitive allowing for less fluctuation in the shift ratio's. This = cooler belt temps.
I prefer using the right tool for the job, that means tree riding and spring hero snow I use my 2smoker, any other style I do, 4 stroke rules my world, bigger sled bigger thrills bigger smile. LOL.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well bad news on the zbroz high clearance arms. The way the welded them closed in at the bottom …they hit the elevate spindle before the shock is at full compression.
The iceage Stryker uppers actually make it even worse.

Stock spindle works with lots of room.

I suppose you could grind some meat off the spindle.
IMG_1749.jpeg
IMG_1750.jpeg
IMG_1752.jpeg

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn too bad, would of been a pretty sweet looking front end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks, I should have waited for you to install them before I ordered lol. You think it can work with a little grinding or is it too far out?

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think you could take some off the spindle. See the difference here.

Iceage tapers more.

The other issue is the steering rod hits the shock with the iceage Stryker uppers before full look. Stock lower clear with Stryker uppers.

Stock uppers and zbroz lowers it barley touches so would probably be fine as a guy doesn’t go full lock much.

IMG_1755.jpeg

IMG_1753.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can see better here where that extra on the iceage interferes the the arm.
IMG_1757.jpeg

Stock lowers at full compression have lots of room at full turn.
IMG_1758.jpeg

Top Bottom