New owners of sled shop in mcbride

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went there in Dec.....we had a budget of $500.00 bucks per person for me and buddy.(Incl Gas,room,beacon rental,drinks and food) Turns out we each spent $500 in Spindrift on stuff we needed, but never planned on buying....would do it again next time to support the shop!!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We try to do our best to help people in the same way as we would like to be helped/treated if we were on the other side of the counter being the customer.. Also we are open to suggestions from our customers aswell in ways that we could better serve people or on things that they'd like us to carry.. i'm working on getting some helemt cams in that seem really cool, they have all the features of the other ones but also have an Mp3 player built in with earphones that go into your helmet not your ears.. Ansd the camera is just a little bullet style one that can be mounted on the siude of your helemet.. And they are also a fairly reasonable price, they are like 450.00

sledhead65

Reaction score
Any idea if you might have any for mountain mania?

Let me know the type and make, pm if you want, i will be there for MM

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the kind your looking into Glenn?

SledinIII088.jpg

SledinIII089.jpg

SledinIII092.jpg

I got one last winter and really like it. I think it's better than the big 'Go pro' where the whole device sits on top of your helmet.JMO

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a short clip of my first video I took with it....the camera is pointing a little low, but you get the picture.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shl81TTBpAQ[/YOUTUBE]

snowtractor

Reaction score
Hey glen thanks for the help and the shop we got the barney apex up and back from clemina for avy training thant was my turbo xp couldnt get it figured out yet but got jared from absoulte looking at it right now. You run one hell of a shop will deff be back

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there chadwick yah those look alot like the ones that i'm lookin at gettin. How do you like yours?

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you rent some basic gear for those once a year friends that come along sometimes. We're renting a sled from you in March, and need to know if you have a Lid, Goggles, Backpack, Shovel, and Probe for rent as well??? (we have extra beacons)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you rent some basic gear for those once a year friends that come along sometimes. We're renting a sled from you in March, and need to know if you have a Lid, Goggles, Backpack, Shovel, and Probe for rent as well??? (we have extra beacons)

We have everything that you are looking for for except this has been the first call for a lid and goggles.. But might be able to help you out there, not totally sure though.. I workin on that one.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there chadwick yah those look alot like the ones that i'm lookin at gettin. How do you like yours?

I like it alot!! If i had to complain I guess I would say it's hard to keep in the back pack and ensure that it stay's dry....other than that, it takes great video and you don't even notice it's there. I just need to find a sealed bag that I can pack it in when, and when not in use. The kit comes with hundreds of acc. and everything you need to mount and run it. If I could feel safer about packing it, I would use it more.....I just don't wanna get it wet!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it alot!! If i had to complain I guess I would say it's hard to keep in the back pack and ensure that it stay's dry....other than that, it takes great video and you don't even notice it's there. I just need to find a sealed bag that I can pack it in when, and when not in use. The kit comes with hundreds of acc. and everything you need to mount and run it. If I could feel safer about packing it, I would use it more.....I just don't wanna get it wet!

I'm thginking that i'm going to get one for myself nd carry it inside my jacket.. in my inside pocket or i have a pocket in the front of my bib top.. this way it should stay dry and warm.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

what about a small pelican case? they are waterproof, and can be ordered in 100's of different sizes?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about a small pelican case? they are waterproof, and can be ordered in 100's of different sizes?

I got a small one for my camcorder, but still hardly use it...I guess I just need to step up and use them more. My jacket is a pull over with only one chest pocket so that kind sucks....I think the best is something in the pack that is sealed, or a jacket with good tight pockets. I'll bust it out more this year.

Here's a short video of some playin' around home....lot's of fresh powder before the sun came out.....(taken with crappy lil' 4.1 Diggy camera)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liWrvNFucOA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or maybe one of those goretex klim shell's they have lots of good pockets and such..

sunshine

Reaction score
I'm thginking that i'm going to get one for myself nd carry it inside my jacket.. in my inside pocket or i have a pocket in the front of my bib top.. this way it should stay dry and warm.
Hey Glen we have that cam and it works great, and (my Glen) wears it in his pocket and it doesn't get wet. the only draw back to it is it does not have a long range.... things that are not that far away, seem to be farther then they appear, but it works great.

sunshine

Quadster

Reaction score
Spindrift welcomes all Snow and Mudders that will be coming to MOUNTAIN MANIA 2009!!!!!

bluestone

Reaction score
just posting to say thanks to Glen for getting my parts
in so quickly , called from blue wed.pm. for parts and had
parts in fri am for the weekend.:d thanks again and will
deal again:)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We try to do whatever we can to get a person up and riding again if they have issue's with there sled.. I know that some guys travel a long distance to come ride here and we don't want them to have to cut there trip short due to something going wrong.. We also will do our best to help people that are in valemount and blue aswell.. I like to ride and know what it's like when something goes wrong and you need parts.. Thanks to all the snow and mudders that come and stop by the shop when they are in town..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a whole new look and and set-up inside the shop, set-up for MOUNTAIN MANIA '09.. So you'll have to stop in and check it out.. We are also got a whole bunch of new goodies will be here for this weekend also so there will be lots to see.. Hope to see everyone stop in and say hi to us all here at the shop...

Top Bottom