Need rider reviews of Trygstad 872 ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. Don't know know anyone who runs a team. I know they are considered better than stock. Doo was considering going with team as factory equipment but in the end opted offering as after market which is too bad. I think their stock setup has room for improvement, but it wouldn't be on my list of things to spend $1000 on..

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i checked the team website... and its just shy of 700 buck for the team kit.
my next question is should i maybe request something like rooster built or something else that will give me better results?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was eating belts on one of my 2014xm's 350-500 km smashed wide open All the time. Did the team secondary and my next belt lasted 1500 km. for me it was a must. My spare xm is on the original belt with 1700 km. my freeride got 4-500 on belts also before I had Al at sled shed set it up. It will definitely help belt life

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i checked the team website... and its just shy of 700 buck for the team kit.
my next question is should i maybe request something like rooster built or something else that will give me better results?

Shock wave on the secondary with hi torque rollers, spend your money on a race primary... 3lbs lighter than stock. Trust me with this, you will be way ahead over a team secondary. Cost in will most likely be the same.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! not sure why you were having belt issues- but I have seen 14 XM's with over 2000km on them with original belt and stock clutching !

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A clutch kit changes parts in the primary (weight, ramps, spring) which you will need with the kit. The helix and spring in the secondary can also be changed (you can read about what this does somewhere on here, just do a search) a team secondary is a whole new clutch it floats a little too keep the belt from doglegging (heat down/belt life up) I haven't blown a belt up in years got about 1000 kms on belts before I've changed them out.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, so do i need to look for other clutching options? or is the team upgrade that is offered with dave trygstads kit what i need to make this big boar the most efficient it can possibly be?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! not sure why you were having belt issues- but I have seen 14 XM's with over 2000km on them with original belt and stock clutching !
X2, 2700 hard all mountain km on my original belt,stock clutching too... just going to switch it out

Fresh belt and good spare

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets try not to hi jack my thread im trying to get information i need so i dont get talked into buying somthing i dont want.

any help would be greatly appreciated

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, so do i need to look for other clutching options? or is the team upgrade that is offered with dave trygstads kit what i need to make this big boar the most efficient it can possibly be?

I believe you mentioned that you now nothing about clutching?
If that is the case go with what Dave has tested or recommends for your riding elevation or style.
If clutching isn't right you are not going to get performance out of the upgraded motor.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its a good question he is asking though. Ive thought about the same thing. Im sure i remember hearing about people struggling with the team setup. Caper11 on here should have some good info. Another guy who will know and give a straight up answer is tukernater.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe you mentioned that you now nothing about clutching?
If that is the case go with what Dave has tested or recommends for your riding elevation or style.
If clutching isn't right you are not going to get performance out of the upgraded motor.

yea... i understand if clutching isnt rite i aint gunna work... thats why i am here asking you guys for help... so i can get whats rite now not be unhappy with whatever some guy says " Is the best bro!"

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the Tryg 872 and the Lynderman 860 set up from madd motorsports so I would also appreciate any info anyone has. I have never dealt with Riderz, Dean at Madd gives the best service I have ever had and definately knows his stuff which makes me want to go with him but the reviews of the Tryg kit are pretty impressive.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea agreed the reviews are crazy... but there's a lack of info in the clutching section... which is what im concerned about... and i want to get this done asap cause the season is upon us... but there's not really any help to answer the questions you know.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Caper11 last night. His brother has an 872 and he bought the team clutching kit. He spent a lot of money trying to get it right so it did not work well. I would talk to Paul at Roosterbuilt. They have a BB clutch kit that is supposed to work pretty well. Or talk to tukernator on here. I know they have tried a tonne of different combinations and have found some stuff they like. I would stay away from the team setup myself. But maybe they changed their configuration and got it working well? You would think Riders would know how to clutch these things.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does it seem so hard to clutch these BB's? If they made all the HP and torque promised they should damn near pull anything and kick a stockers azz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does it seem so hard to clutch these BB's? If they made all the HP and torque promised they should damn near pull anything and kick a stockers azz

Its not... People spend a ton of money on shinny new parts without the slightest idea... As well there are so many combinations out there people start changing things on what others say without looking at the big picture. There are other factors in clutching like gears, drivers, track size and length. One clutching setup doesn't suit all.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best clutching person around in my opinion is Ken from Mountain Magic. Big bores, turbo's, etc.. We did a team on my stock 14 xm and was night and day difference.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Because that's the builders way out. Oh it's the clutching.....always the clutching.....you would think all these motors would have dialed setups ready to rock. Any big bores I've had that actually ran we'll the clutching was always best from the manufacturer of the engine. Which was one. Lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it were me doing this BB Id stick with the stock clutching, but just add some pin weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom