need help 2011 162 snopro limiter strap

daddys girl

Reaction score
This m8 snopro has 2 straps and parts catalogue shows it having only one,and can not get weight off skis.So are these the wrong straps.

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This m8 snopro has 2 straps and parts catalogue shows it having only one,and can not get weight off skis.So are these the wrong straps.
I ran two straps myself only as insurance. Was the sled bought used? If the limiter straps are slightly slack when the sled is parked on a level surface, they should be the correct length. Adding a bit of preload to the front track shock will help reduce ski pressure, and if the skis have been replaced, an aggressive aftermarket ski will increase turning effort, too. Post a pic if you can of the front limiters and the center track shock.

daddys girl

Reaction score
I ran two straps myself only as insurance. Was the sled bought used? If the limiter straps are slightly slack when the sled is parked on a level surface, they should be the correct length. Adding a bit of preload to the front track shock will help reduce ski pressure, and if the skis have been replaced, an aggressive aftermarket ski will increase turning effort, too. Post a pic if you can of the front limiters and the center track shock.

The sled is new,completely stock,limiter straps are out as far as they can go and are tite at rest.A 200 pound man standing back as far as he can and going full throttle will not lift the skies.Ajustments have been tried but nothing seems to help or really make any difference,a new strap is cheap but what will happen if its the wrong one.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe rear shock needs some pressure released prolly has been filled to the max

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Setting ride height is important. Measuring from the rear running board support, you will want at LEAST 2" sag once the rider is on (with gear). The front track shock preload can be increased, this will give you lighter steering, but too much preload and the machine will tend to trench, and may "push" in corners on the trail. Small adjustments will make a difference, ensure you make a note of where you start from, you can always start over. I would set ride height first, then adjust center track shock preload 2 turns at a time until you've found a sweet spot, and fine tune from there (1/4 to 1/2 turn on the preload adjuster ring).

daddys girl

Reaction score
Thanks for help guys,but in the end it was the wrong strap.Dealer was absolutely useless.

Top Bottom