Need a surveyor to update Real Property Report

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm building a new house on the land we have by Ardrossan. I have the real property report from when we bought the place in 97. Only major changes are new detached garage and moved a small greenhouse and a couple of sheds. I need to update for permits in Strathcona County.

I know where both front pins are(one was just surveyed for subdivision on other part of quarter)

I could start in the phone book, but I rather start with someone from the forums.

It can be cash:d or billed, doesn't matter as long as the drawing is stamped.

PM me you name and phone number if interested.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not just anyone can do this, you need a registered land surveyor, maybe try the original one on the rpr. otherwise start at the a's in the phone book. rpr prices are set so you are not likely to get a deal. did lots over the years, just don't have the 3 magic letters after the name. ALS.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I'm building a new house on the land we have by Ardrossan. I have the real property report from when we bought the place in 97. Only major changes are new detached garage and moved a small greenhouse and a couple of sheds. I need to update for permits in Strathcona County.

I know where both front pins are(one was just surveyed for subdivision on other part of quarter)

I could start in the phone book, but I rather start with someone from the forums.

It can be cash:d or billed, doesn't matter as long as the drawing is stamped.

PM me you name and phone number if interested.

We've used Pal's...quick service...they've got stamps :d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Contact the firm that completed the original. for them it's just an update will be quick and cheap.... any other firm has to start from scratch and verify all information on the original....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact the firm that completed the original. for them it's just an update will be quick and cheap.... any other firm has to start from scratch and verify all information on the original....

yup thats the way to do it,, be like $400 or so for the update,,, thats what I did.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call my company

hagen surveys 464-5506 if we did it origionally it will be cheap

only the origional company that supplied the rpr can do said "update"

otherwise it would have to be redone.

ps. have fun with strathcona county!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Need a surveyor to REDO Real Property Report

call my company
hagen surveys 464-5506 if we did it origionally it will be cheap
only the origional company that supplied the rpr can do said "update"
otherwise it would have to be redone.
ps. have fun with strathcona county!

Any idea what became of or who took over Paradigm Survey Group? They did my report 13 years ago. If I can't find them, I will have to get it redone.

Strathcona County is a charm to work with:nono:. Customer service and helping people isn't on top of their list!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
sorry.... apparently no longer exists....

K McNeil is not listed in the ALS directory either...

Look at the old RPR and find out who the ALS signing off on it was, look up the Alberta Land Surveyors association online and see if you can track down the ALS who signed off.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry.... apparently no longer exists....

K McNeil is not listed in the ALS directory either...

Look at the old RPR and find out who the ALS signing off on it was, look up the Alberta Land Surveyors association online and see if you can track down the ALS who signed off.

paradigm....they went under a few years ago. i remember that...

same with C E S. i ended up with all those guys hahahha

i still think it needs to be paradigm surveys though? i will check tommorow at work

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Maxwell. Both the survey company and the surveyor are gone. It looks like an new RPR for me.:rolleyes:

Any idea what the cost and timeframe are for a RPR. Two of the 4 corner pins are already marked(recent survey for subdivision)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It won't be cheap I can tell you that! LOL Survey companies do ok hah.

Pal's is really good though. And i'd rather deal with a small locally owned company 100x over. Know the owner very well, they will do you right.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Try Gillmore Surveys, they are a small father/son outfit and don't carry the overhead of the big guys. Real nice fellows too, back when I was surveying I worked for them for a couple years.

Tell them Ian Simpson sent you over and told you they would go easy on you.

They are on 101 ave and 73 st.... not sure if Dunk is still in the game but it wouldn't surprise me in the least...old school Nova scotia immigrant, came to alberta in the 50's

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Gillmore Surveys, they are a small father/son outfit and don't carry the overhead of the big guys. Real nice fellows too, back when I was surveying I worked for them for a couple years.

Tell them Ian Simpson sent you over and told you they would go easy on you.

They are on 101 ave and 73 st.... not sure if Dunk is still in the game but it wouldn't surprise me in the least...old school Nova scotia immigrant, came to alberta in the 50's

he was last year. he was out in the feild....i ran into him on a job...trying to climb over a fence....and learn GPS.....but his son runs the show now

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Maxwell. Both the survey company and the surveyor are gone. It looks like an new RPR for me.:rolleyes:

Any idea what the cost and timeframe are for a RPR. Two of the 4 corner pins are already marked(recent survey for subdivision)

if its over 3 acres they only need the front 2.

right now we are booked about 2 weeks i beleive.

around 600$ for ardrossan area.

my pricelist is on there.

Hagen Surveys (1982) Ltd.

780-464-5506

we are a small family owned outfit aswell.

Top Bottom