My experience with the Tesla Model 3

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well by that logic the coal and natural gas generation that you mentioned above that is down for maintenance is producing 0% right now. That's called cherry picking data and why you work with average numbers instead of instantaneous ones.
Planned outages....no one loses power during those as backups are increased or brought on line. Big difference from wishy washy producing wind and solar.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planned outages....no one loses power during those as backups are increased or brought on line. Big difference from wishy washy producing wind and solar.

We need fossil fuel powered generation in Alberta.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well by that logic the coal and natural gas generation that you mentioned above that is down for maintenance is producing 0% right now. That's called cherry picking data and why you work with average numbers instead of instantaneous ones.

Every facility needs maintenance, once a year for a week to two weeks is better than underperforming everyday, and much better than having things fail and cause more downtime or causing major incidents and possibly killing people because joe farmer runs everything into the ground without maintenance. Wind facilities have the highest maintenance costs out of all forms of power generation, you think you’d know that being so educated and in the know. That’s not cherry picking, I’m going on real time numbers right from our login to the Alberta grid, not graphs from google. Pretty pathetic that the govt can shut down 8 coal facilities with two left remaining and one that has been changed to duel fuel, and those two still produce more than 30ish wind facilities 90% or more of the year. I can’t wait for the next google screenshot comeback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need fossil fuel powered generation in Alberta.
We need fossil fuel powered generation in canada, cannot live here without it. The green agenda is setting us back years in living standards (just slowly starting to poke its ugly head but many of us can see how it will continue the slide back in the future, some unfortunately cannot see this). Funny how the govt/greens seem to be happy to push things that set us back but not take us forward, strange isnt it.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why no nuclear? It has proven to be safe, reliable and green.

Windmills are a joke
Because the govt/media didnt say it was green enough.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1686414227898.jpg
    FB_IMG_1686414227898.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 77

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every facility needs maintenance, once a year for a week to two weeks is better than underperforming everyday, and much better than having things fail and cause more downtime or causing major incidents and possibly killing people because joe farmer runs everything into the ground without maintenance. Wind facilities have the highest maintenance costs out of all forms of power generation, you think you’d know that being so educated and in the know. That’s not cherry picking, I’m going on real time numbers right from our login to the Alberta grid, not graphs from google. Pretty pathetic that the govt can shut down 8 coal facilities with two left remaining and one that has been changed to duel fuel, and those two still produce more than 30ish wind facilities 90% or more of the year. I can’t wait for the next google screenshot comeback

Wind might have a high percentage of its LCOE as maintenance but that doesn’t mean it has the highest maintenance costs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We seem to be scared of it in western Canada. China will have cold fusion and unlimited energy and we will be in the dark. Scared of 50s technology so we will go back to mid evil style wind mills.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wind might have a high percentage of its LCOE as maintenance but that doesn’t mean it has the highest maintenance costs.

$$$ value per MW generated it sure does

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We seem to be scared of it in western Canada. China will have cold fusion and unlimited energy and we will be in the dark. Scared of 50s technology so we will go back to mid evil style wind mills.

Yep and they continue to bring out made for tv short docuseries shows trying the sway the woke crowd to oppose it further. Nuclear is the answer but the general sponge population is too dumb to understand it

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched a show about submarines and the Philadelphia i think it was, has been running on the same 4lbs chunk of rock since the 80s...

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watched a show about submarines and the Philadelphia i think it was, has been running on the same 4lbs chunk of rock since the 80s...

More environmentally sound to use 1,000,000 lithium battery cells instead

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PTC heater needed replacement and the high voltage cable and a 12v battery that telsa says must be one of theirs. Out of china that heater is $592 and the high voltage cable is $832. Tesla quoted 1300 for their high voltage cable. Not sure what the final bill was. EV owners don't talk about these things.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PTC heater needed replacement and the high voltage cable and a 12v battery that telsa says must be one of theirs. Out of china that heater is $592 and the high voltage cable is $832. Tesla quoted 1300 for their high voltage cable. Not sure what the final bill was. EV owners don't talk about these things.

Is the high voltage cable warranty? It should be and is not a common failure. The 12V battery is $110-150 and you can change it yourself in 10 minutes. Fairly common for the 12V battery to fail after 3 years. Still have the original 12V battery in the model S and it's at 4 1/2 years old. I have a brand new one sitting on the shelf when it does fail. I replaced my model 3 battery after 2.5 years just as maintenance. The new models have a 15V lithium ion battery for the low voltage system.

Resistance heater has had some troubles based on what I see online. Earlier model heat pumps had problems as well but most of those were covered under warranty.

Anything with 10,000 parts on it has the potential for failure points. If you go on a Tesla or EV specific forum you're going to find all kinds of problems that people are talking about. Tits or tires....

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He did tell me the battery was just over 300 dollars. Wonder why AliExpress carries these cables if they never fail?

Top Bottom