My experience with the Tesla Model 3

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He did tell me the battery was just over 300 dollars. Wonder why AliExpress carries these cables if they never fail?
$300? That must be with installation. The Tesla service shop rate is $210/h which I think is absolutely insane. I'm not saying they can't fail but it's very uncommon for a wire to fail in the middle like that. Did they warranty the high voltage cable as part of the battery/powertrain warranty?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a bill from canada that had the ptc heater changed. The car hauler was full but if he paid an extra 100 dollars he would take a car off and put his on, so 700 bucks to haul back.

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    heater.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 95

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$300? That must be with installation. The Tesla service shop rate is $210/h which I think is absolutely insane. I'm not saying they can't fail but it's very uncommon for a wire to fail in the middle like that. Did they warranty the high voltage cable as part of the battery/powertrain warranty?
He did say the battery was just over 300. I do not know the total bill. My grandson who is a heavy duty mechanic said they would be charging 200 an hour labor. If i had to guess what i don't like doing it would be around 2000-3000 +1300 hualing cost.

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The total bill was 1290 dollars for the battery, high voltage cable, heater with labor and taxes included. Almost less than the total bill above for the ptc heater. The Car has 38000 kilometers on it. Dealer said no wire repair needed, the picture showed some damage...weird. Hopefully they brushed on some electrical tape.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The total bill was 1290 dollars for the battery, high voltage cable, heater with labor and taxes included. Almost less than the total bill above for the ptc heater. The Car has 38000 kilometers on it. Dealer said no wire repair needed, the picture showed some damage...weird. Hopefully they brushed on some electrical tape.

I would not be ok with a high voltage wire (400v DC) that had corrosion and insulation missing being taped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How old is it? No warranty?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it’s a model 3 which I think it is, 80,000km or 4 year general warranty. Battery and power train is 8 years or 192,000km.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is the model 3, it will be on the car hauler right now and delivered today sometime. He paid the invoice already, that high voltage cable looked pretty grungy to me. But they said it was fine.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the new whip compared to the 3

I like the extra space and the higher seating position. Better ground clearance. Efficiency is a little worse than the 3 by 5%.

The 3 was more fun to drive and handled better.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the new Tesla come with a CO2 monitor? The Honda is pretty quiet and if you forget it’s running you could be the first guy with a Tesla to die from poisoning…

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about a time machine? Pretty sure that poor little Honda is going to run WFO for 3 days before that Tesla is charged.

Yeah about 3 days. I’ve also noticed the exhaust from the generator is making the seats not as white. More of a gray colour now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom