My experience with the Tesla Model 3

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where all these batteries are going to come from. But I expect power to get more expensive and less reliable though if we continue on this path.

Natural gas with carbon capture (if we are worring about co2) or nuclear could be equally "green"

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where all these batteries are going to come from. But I expect power to get more expensive and less reliable though if we continue on this path.

Natural gas with carbon capture (if we are worring about co2) or nuclear could be equally "green"

I’m guessing natural gas generation runs at 100% capacity factor since it is not intermittent right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing natural gas generation runs at 100% capacity factor since it is not intermittent right?

It can be turned up when it needs to be. Wind not so much... im sure you knew that though.

Do you like the fridge working all day or just part of the day?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solar and wind power is great if every person could produce thier own and have it be economical and reliable. It isnt.

Coworker at work spent 60k+ on off grid power when he built his new acreage, 2 yrs later he is spending 30k to have a power line brought in.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Windmills would be great if they worked 24 hours a day but they dont...
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 8.58.54 AM.png

Why have wind and solar dropped so much over the past 11 years?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 269660

And how about a 5 year average?

View attachment 269661

Math lesson for the day. 38.9% > 10%.

You can google screenshot what you want all day, I work in the industry, play the grid and it’s various corrupt programs they force you into, manage hedging programs, and operate a facility using 60MW/hr a day, you plant seeds, watch them grow drive woke cars and take entire winters to be a hippy sledder, talk to me when you have a clue

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are they telling people to turn off thier AC when its 30 above?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On average 70-80% or more depending on location, outside temp, and supply of fuel. Coal operates over 95% on average, cogen is very high efficiency as well, 90% or more. Wind and solar are very unreliable and a complete waste of money. There is a coal plant and natural gas facility down right now for annual maintenance which is what spurred the energy emergency alert yesterday and the day before. When reliable sources need annual downtime wind and solar can’t keep up and never do. With the amount of wind energy infrastructure in this province we should be able to have a surplus of power all day everyday. Problem is, the overall average of total capacity compared to actual generation is laughable. They got dumb farmers convinced…… apparently

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can google screenshot what you want all day, I work in the industry, play the grid and it’s various corrupt programs they force you into, manage hedging programs, and operate a facility using 60MW/hr a day, you plant seeds, watch them grow drive woke cars and take entire winters to be a hippy sledder, talk to me when you have a clue

Sorry the numbers don't align with your feelings.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry the numbers don't align with your feelings.

Ya ok, as we speak wind is producing 590MW…… out of a possible 3600MW, that’s a good day for wind, slightly over 16% of capacity. Solar is doing well today, until the clouds roll in later and night falls. Two out of the three coal/ duel fuel facilities are running and still producing 200mw more than wind. With the amount of woke bullch!t you spew you should be able to fire up a biomass plant on your property, harness the gas and use it to make power to charge your Tesla

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya ok, as we speak wind is producing 590MW…… out of a possible 3600MW, that’s a good day for wind, slightly over 16% of capacity. Solar is doing well today, until the clouds roll in later and night falls. Two out of the three coal/ duel fuel facilities are running and still producing 200mw more than wind. With the amount of woke bullch!t you spew you should be able to fire up a biomass plant on your property, harness the gas and use it to make power to charge your Tesla

Well by that logic the coal and natural gas generation that you mentioned above that is down for maintenance is producing 0% right now. That's called cherry picking data and why you work with average numbers instead of instantaneous ones.

Top Bottom