My experience with the Tesla Model 3

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For short commutes and not a lot of driving they have their place... 100%....but for myself that isn't even a full week of a driving.
Gonna be a long damn time before I can hook an electric truck onto a sled trailer and make the 1000km drive to The hills in 12 hours.
The whole basis behind them is short commutes. The majority of people live, work and play inside a 30km radius. Even us living 20km from town. Difference being yes i work away, but majority of house holds have 2+ vehicles. How many people on this site or know of a house hold that has a F350 just to get groceries? I know several people that have 1 ton diesels that never see more than a hockey bag in the back. Growing up the only people that had diesel trucks where farmers and loggers (didn't grow up knowing rig hands), but owning a 1 ton has become more of a status symbol than anything. Diesel at $2 and gas $1.30 might change that though.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents bought a Hyundai Kona this spring for short trips to town or just regular island day to day driving. In the month of November they drove 2285km for a cost of $51. That works out to 44.8km/$1

Pretty hard to get that with a combustion engine.
That’s a perfect use for an Ev imo and BC generates the most of their energy via hydro. Makes sense vs -30 in Ab with most electricity generation coming off fossil fuels.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be buying an electric truck when fuel reaches $10 liter...

Next year from the looks of things...

(Emoji)

Sad face

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents bought a Hyundai Kona this spring for short trips to town or just regular island day to day driving. In the month of November they drove 2285km for a cost of $51. That works out to 44.8km/$1

Pretty hard to get that with a combustion engine.

The economics of driving an electric vehicle are undeniable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While electricity is relatively cheap, gasoline/propane/diesel was really cheap at a time too.

Show me the 100 year price chart of gasoline/propane compared to electricity.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show me the 100 year price chart of gasoline/propane compared to electricity.

its not about what we paid in the past, its about what we will pay in the future, and rest assured, electricity is not going down. Every EV that hooks up to the grid the price will go up. Its just how much and when. Once again we ALL will pay for your electric vehicles one way or another. We all paid for the roads that your dive on with no cost sharing from electric vehicles and all of our home electrical cost will be driven up as well.

Your welcome.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not about what we paid in the past, its about what we will pay in the future, and rest assured, electricity is not going down. Every EV that hooks up to the grid the price will go up. Its just how much and when. Once again we ALL will pay for your electric vehicles one way or another. We all paid for the roads that your dive on with no cost sharing from electric vehicles and all of our home electrical cost will be driven up as well.

Your welcome.

If you don't like the price of electricity you can make your own. If you don't like the price of gas you can.... not buy it?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The economics of driving an electric vehicle are undeniable.

Don't forget to set a few bucks aside every time you charge to cover the $30,000 battery replacement that's in the not so distant future.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they run to 250k and still show 90% battery capacity I’d say battery replacement not an issue. Read about an S P90 that had 400,000 miles still going.

1672879053585.jpeg

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't like the price of electricity you can make your own. If you don't like the price of gas you can.... not buy it?
great, spend thousands of dollars to build a solar system to save money on something that was previously cheap until demand overrun supply.

Once again we pay while you take the the money out of our pockets.

Your Welcome.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a messed up story. Dude tried to kill his whole family by driving off a 250 foot cliff. One mistake though, he tried to do it in the safest car ever made so everyone survived.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a messed up story. Dude tried to kill his whole family by driving off a 250 foot cliff. One mistake though, he tried to do it in the safest car ever made so everyone survived.

What a pos that guy is!

Top Bottom