My experience with the Tesla Model 3

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to factor in the price of the vehicle though. If you are comparing it to a luxury sedans is one thing, but not too many people buy a Mercedes because they cant afford gas. Or maybe they do. People are stupid...

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to factor in the price of the vehicle though. If you are comparing it to a luxury sedans is one thing, but not too many people buy a Mercedes because they cant afford gas. Or maybe they do. People are stupid...

If you spend $70K on a Mercedes and $75K on a Tesla and drive both for 5 years, which one is cheaper?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you spend $70K on a Mercedes and $75K on a Tesla and drive both for 5 years, which one is cheaper?

How many miles did we put on? Which car is nicer looking? Is 75,000$ really the cheapest car we could find if buget is big concern?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many miles did we put on? Which car is nicer looking? Is 75,000$ really the cheapest car we could find if buget is big concern?
I guess the point was that if you spend $15k more on a vehicle and save $3000/year on fuel over 5 years there is no price difference.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the point was that if you spend $15k more on a vehicle and save $3000/year on fuel over 5 years there is no price difference.

Makes sense, but my point was if costs are an issue a 75,000$ car might not be the best choice.

But I would assume a EV burns less gas though. So no surprise there.

On another note, Is that Cyber truck ever coming or whats the deal on those? I want something that is bullet resitant for the fall of western society lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sense, but my point was if costs are an issue a 75,000$ car might not be the best choice.

But I would assume a EV burns less gas though. So no surprise there.

On another note, Is that Cyber truck ever coming or whats the deal on those? I want something that is bullet resitant for the fall of western society lol

Tooling is getting installed in the factory. My guess is mid to late '23.

tesla-cybertruck-megacast-747x1024.jpg

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have seen 2 Rivians down here so far this year (Arizona) , both white , 1 grey interior 1 black. Saw one at the ball diamond here and one at an atv unloading area. Pretty cool looking vehicle , talked to both owners they love them. comments were , range is very acceptable with no numbers given , and both said price was just under a $100 K. Very sporty looking !

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If budget is the main concern buy a 2-3 year old toyota or Honda and drive it for 15years. Cheaper than any EV.
If budget is a main concern buy a 2-3 year old Tesla and drive it for 15 years. Cheaper than any Toyota or Honda.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If budget is a main concern buy a 2-3 year old Tesla and drive it for 15 years. Cheaper than any Toyota or Honda.
3 year old tesla 3's are $50k whereas 3 year old corollas take your pick at $25k. Factor in TVOM of the $25k difference over 15 years and Tesla better be paying you to charge that thing. A reasonable 7% return on $25k is $1,750/year or enough for 23 tanks of fuel in a Corolla which at rated highway economy will get you 19,500km of travel and still preserve your $25k at the end of 15 years.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If budget is the main concern buy a 2-3 year old toyota or Honda and drive it for 15years. Cheaper than any EV.

I bought a 1 year old Chrysler 200C from adessa auctions in Van 6 years ago for 20k, 22k off msrp, had 7000 Km on it and it gets 6l/100km highway, has 300hp and a 9 speed. Been a very reliable and comfy car to drive, drove cross country and down to Arizona and all over out west with it. With the amount we drive it at hurkots math I’d have to drive a used 2-3 year old Tesla for 18-20 years after purchase just to break even…….. I’m not a betting man but I’d bet that tesla battery won’t last that long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife read me a post yesterday from her community forum. A lady in our community was asking (begging) if anyone had a supercharger at their house because each day she has been driving her Tesla to work the charge gets lower and lower. She plugs it in every night but can't catch up due to the cold weather.
I just cannot imagine how restrictive it would be to have an electric car and not have the proper charger at home. We need to keep in mind that the people pushing e-cars likely think everyone will be able to have a charger at home. The reality is probably 50% of the population that drives, park on the street, parkade or other location where they cannot install their own charger. I guess they are going to have to sell their cars and ride the electric bus.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone left their i beam on highway 2 south of red deer.

c60f22b0d776baa91306146bff92844e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom