My experience with the Tesla Model 3

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We lived in Vancouver, until recently moving north to the interior. Wife wanted a Tesla, we went out one day test driving them, and she changed her mind, ended up buying another gas powered vehicle.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We lived in Vancouver, until recently moving north to the interior. Wife wanted a Tesla, we went out one day test driving them, and she changed her mind, ended up buying another gas powered vehicle.
What changed her mind? Just curious

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What changed her mind? Just curious

More than anything else she didn't like how it drove.
But add to that range anxiety, lack of repair shops, poor reliability ratings, awful self driving manners, and a price that is up there with top luxury brands, she changed her mind, despite going to look with her mind already 90% made up to buy one. When we went that day, I was pretty sure that it was a done deal, and we would have a Tesla in the garage soon.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thinks it’s a write off…
22deba8707f03b6019c04fe0db4cf042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you ok Jonny? what happened?
Went from one lane to two 25km west of golden. Dude was driving slow in the fast lane so I tried to pass him in the right lane. He switched lanes without signalling or looking and drove me off the road into a concrete island with a sign. I caught air and then landed and crashed into the concrete wall on the right side. He slowed down a bit and then drove off. Good thing I have a dash cam.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went from one lane to two 25km west of golden. Dude was driving slow in the fast lane so I tried to pass him in the right lane. He switched lanes without signalling or looking and drove me off the road into a concrete island with a sign. I caught air and then landed and crashed into the concrete wall on the right side. He slowed down a bit and then drove off. Good thing I have a dash cam.
Holy ch!t man, that's a rowdy chain of events. Glad to hear you are okay, amazing how fast chit can go sideways when people are not paying attention.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you were driving alone. Jeeze. Scary.

Side note, that perfect driving number that you were chasing for the beta programs, is that out the window now?

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year I took a driving course, since I last took one about 35 years before, and asked to focus on snow and ice driving, and car control. The instructor told me it is illegal in BC to pass a slower vehicle on the right, probably for that reason.
But the other driver should check his mirrors, and definitely should have stopped.
Very sorry this happened to you, but glad you walked away from it.
Accidents are spooky, I was the passenger in an suv that lost control and spun around on the hwy, hit the ditch, then rolled, that was a few years ago, and my only accident except for being tapped in the rear bumper at low speed in Vancouver once about 20 years ago while slowing for a red light.
Don't overdo it for a few days, the adrenaline can make you think that you are better at first, than you really are.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year I took a driving course, since I last took one about 35 years before, and asked to focus on snow and ice driving, and car control. The instructor told me it is illegal in BC to pass a slower vehicle on the right, probably for that reason.
But the other driver should check his mirrors, and definitely should have stopped.
Very sorry this happened to you, but glad you walked away from it.
Accidents are spooky, I was the passenger in an suv that lost control and spun around on the hwy, hit the ditch, then rolled, that was a few years ago, and my only accident except for being tapped in the rear bumper at low speed in Vancouver once about 20 years ago while slowing for a red light.
Don't overdo it for a few days, the adrenaline can make you think that you are better at first, than you really are.
It is not illegal to pass someone on the right in double lane. It’s only illegal to pass on the right in the shoulder.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone posted on the Rogers Pass road conditions facebook group that a Tesla passed them near Golden and hit a barrrier.

Maybe a witness to the event

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone posted on the Rogers Pass road conditions facebook group that a Tesla passed them near Golden and hit a barrrier.

Maybe a witness to the event

Those nice people stopped to see if I was ok. They gave me a ride to golden rcmp (they back tracked to golden, they were headed east) and wouldn’t even take the money I offered.

Actually I’m wrong that is someone else.

As far as a witness I have the best one, video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they actually hit you? I didn't think insurance did anything if you were avoiding a collision

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they actually hit you? I didn't think insurance did anything if you were avoiding a collision

No he didn’t hit me. Haven’t spoke to insurance yet so I guess I’ll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom