My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So discharge date is tentatively Jan 2. With a Christmas Day pass. So the Brother in law will grab me take me to parents house Christmas morning then to my house to see my cat. Then back to my parents house for the day and return me to hospital at 8 or so.
I’m swallowing ok with pudding and even minced beef. I had trouble with eating turkey today with gravy, the turkey was as dry as shoe leather so I wasn’t too pleased with that evaluation. Walking easier and doing 3 flights of stairs. Starting swallowing water with a special cup 5 ml a sip. I get up every hour and go for walks in hallway, feel like a zombie.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So discharge date is tentatively Jan 2. With a Christmas Day pass. So the Brother in law will grab me take me to parents house Christmas morning then to my house to see my cat. Then back to my parents house for the day and return me to hospital at 8 or so.
I’m swallowing ok with pudding and even minced beef. I had trouble with eating turkey today with gravy, the turkey was as dry as shoe leather so I wasn’t too pleased with that evaluation. Walking easier and doing 3 flights of stairs. Starting swallowing water with a special cup 5 ml a sip. I get up every hour and go for walks in hallway, feel like a zombie.
even zombies can achieve their goals Ron......

do we need to get you watching "The Walking Dead"?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 flights?
Hmmmfff- better shape than me already!
Keep givenr buddy!

t300

Reaction score

If you can eat hospital food and keep it down you’ll be home in no time, the ultimate test! Sounds like you’re kicking ass keep it up

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Fri Dec 22 - Got a day pass for Christmas however it’s for 7 hrs. Asking for more as I don’t live in the city. By the time I get to the car abs home 1.5 hrs is gone and the same return. So that leaves 4 hrs. Not enough 1 additional will help. No meds from 9am to 9 pm so what is the difference. There will be limited staff here and I’m more self supportive. No one was to really attend to me. I shower myself, change myself and go to bathroom myself so I don’t need a nurse at my beck and call. Well only when this feed tube comes apart at the connection. The last few minutes of the hockey game got so interesting as it went from 3-3 to 5-3 in 60 seconds, lol. Looked down and oops, had to hit the nurse call, oops. So after the game and changing sheets. Clothes, and putting my shoes in washer I was able to relax. What a mess, drained my food bag which looks like watery pablum and my stomach contents which was basically that thank goodness, all over floor and in my shoes. There testing my swallow on foods every day and I have progressed to more solid foods. However there hard to swallow and get down but slow but surety. I have to do this with no liquids (crutches). Liquids may wash loose foods into lungs causing aspiration. So I eat like oatmeal no problem or had Mac and cheese. Didn’t look like that but tasted that way. Lol. They put beef in it and looks like it goes though the blender. Thick but just a blob, just eat it abd don’t look down at it. Well I’m preparing for Jan 3 discharge, so more intense therapy every day and I understand a lot more why they do what they do here at the Glenrose. It works every day what I did in physio I review the following day and it’s easy where it was a challenge the previous day. Thanks another day bring it on. Closer to Christmas and my release. Merry Christmas everyone

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas too you Ron,,, I
We know it's challenging be'ing away from family,,, friends,,, home at this time of year,,, but let it be known that We're cheering for yha...
20231203_120106.jpg

I can bring you along in the happening if that helps... in mind and views...

What the h@!!,,, it would help break up your day...

Give yha a chuckle...
20231220_135153.jpg

Even old fords need work overs..

A bit of ramblings from the masses to keep your spirits-up...
Resized_20220708_075222.jpeg
Resized_20220708_075158.jpeg

IMG_3064.jpg

Resized_c45c5cee2b7193100330d9ae588dfae5.jpeg

Imdoo'n ,,, lem lamb and others at the Alberta land use rally in Edmon-chuck ...

Screenshot_20211227-211808_Photos.jpg

Maybe others will though up some post of crazy crap in your recovery mode,,, the good stuff that brings it home...

Glad too hear your moving forward and your in good hands...

I think that knowing we're in your corner and well wishes can lift the spirit's...

I will sneak in a few new super photo's today,,, lol...

Top secret stuff us Canadian's share in...

S&M Red Deer Chapter

Don

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Ron to you and your family. Sounds like you’re coming along nicely! Keep up the daily grind and you’ll be outta there shortly and back to the things you love!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Ron! Enjoy your escape to the fullest and don’t over due it. There will be plenty more Christmas’s to enjoy in better times. 🎄🍺

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Merry Christmas Ron. Enjoy your escape from the hospital.
12 days left. I’ll be jogging by then and doing line dancing in my room. Lol. The next swallow assessment next Thursday so I project I will do much better than last time. I had oatmeal for breakfast and that went down with no issues.
It’s thin liquid that I have an issue with except for small quantities.

Top Bottom