Muskoka Freerider

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would rather ride a little more awkward sled than walk home ha ha
Absolutely , having a sled lay down on you way out is bad news. I still prefer to take my chances with a doo . I have
spent a little time and quite few conversations on last years hce doo model that ran into trouble at the rmsha races . Stiffer than hell , soaks the big hits easily.Still a doo

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad. I would be on a poo for sure after trying one if I thought it would hold up. They make amazing sleds. When it comes to trusting the quality of a sled I don't think a doo has ever left me stranded (knock on wood). Most places we ride out here are pretty tough to tow a dead sled out of.

Should maybe start a separate thread for this, but has anyone had any luck setting the g4/g5 chassis up to be more predictable like the poo chassis? I'm sure it would be an objective and rational discussion. Haha
Durapro ski rubbers stiffen the front ski up, been running t motiont lockout since 2014, nice to
See the expert got away from t motion, and i run raptor shocks all around very easy to set and adjust for dif snow conditions i think the g5 is a step in the right direction towards a much more predictable sled, thats why matts videos i like the most is he isnt paid his tongue isnt tied and we can see some of the best riders ride these things and see what breaks, if turcottes or kesterke clutches blow apart u dont see it same as the skidoo factory guys.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For brand reliability it often comes down to maintenance and how hard you ride. I have had 2 skidoo motors go down and 1 Polaris motor. All going back as far as 2003. Have not had any issues since 2015.

The sleds are better now and I know what to look for and find stuff that might fail fail before it happens although its almost impossible to know if a motor will let you down unless you are ready to really dig or they have a bad reputation for a know failure point.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Wonder where he was. Remote parking lot and didn’t look like Keystone. Any ideas anyone?

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rip on my buddy pretty hard for riding a Polaris boost, he hasnt really had any issues at all and I even spent some time on it this past weekend in revy and it works great, the majority of the mountain sled market sure seems to be riding Polaris as well. I starting looking and there are some wicked deals right now on brand new 2023 boosts but then you come on here and see all the issues and ya probably not worth the "I told you so"

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U think polaris is bad try johndeere with there years of testing before a new release lol makes a guy wonder where they were “testing”
China.... Deere also thinks they don't need to improve their equipment anymore because it is the best, they are just going to focus on software and automation.. I have a few buddies that work for JD on the ag side.

Top Bottom