Muskoka Freerider

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be OK if they were 12 grand. They’re the most expensive sleds on the snow. Now I’m not brand bashing. I will ride anything but man. With today’s technology there is no reason for brand new pieces of ch!t to not last an eight day trip.

12grand is reasonable for a sled with a ton of issues? Nah 12k or 27k they should work out of the box. Was hoping for 24 Polaris would have it together but hearing lots of the same problems year after year. Hopefully this Catalyst 858 is a winner cause I can see a lot of Polaris guys flopping over to Cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12grand is reasonable for a sled with a ton of issues? Nah 12k or 27k they should work out of the box. Was hoping for 24 Polaris would have it together but hearing lots of the same problems year after year. Hopefully this Catalyst 858 is a winner cause I can see a lot of Polaris guys flopping over to Cat.

I agree. The cat may get here just in time to capitalize on poor quality polaris.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is interesting, i have a friend that also did 4+ motors on his 850 axys under warranty. i guess its cheaper for polaris to do that than actually spend some time diagnosing an underlying problem? Youd think the bean counters would be asking questions after the second one.

problem is people with no tarps. Those shitty snow screens don't keep out dirt and road ch!t, just snow. these guys just wash away and stuff goes in the air box. KaaaBOOM!!!

probably not the only culprit but a major contributing factor.

the problem just doesn't stem with Polaris stuff it is also skidoo products. these 2 brands are the majority of sleds out there right now.

These motors love dust and dirt!

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem is people with no tarps. Those shitty snow screens don't keep out dirt and road ch!t, just snow. these guys just wash away and stuff goes in the air box. KaaaBOOM!!!

probably not the only culprit but a major contributing factor.

the problem just doesn't stem with Polaris stuff it is also skidoo products. these 2 brands are the majority of sleds out there right now.

These motors love dust and dirt!
I saw Justin loaded up last week, I thought he had a cover on but maybe not.

He's the president of hunters range snowmobile association for what it's worth.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope that’s not a record I had 5 inside of 260km. It once didn’t make it half way across the dealers shop lol. 800 dragon! Lived up to its name you were always dragon it back to the truck

The funny thing was that the 700 dragon was a better sled with 0 issues but no one wanted a 700.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1705355261860.png

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, even a Ski-doo guy would understand that the dealer involved here is not fixing the actual problem when replacing the motor. If the oil pump is broken they could install 100 motors and get the same results. These motors are not going down like this normally. Clutches may be a different story.
No where in Justin's post did he say if all four engines were installed at the same dealership or not or so go ahead and make assumptions about the dealership quality. That said his dealer is well known as an inner circle guy with Polaris.

Didn't you get kicked out of the doo club after you passed off a sled to guy with an engine that was nfg?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy Snow checked the limited polaris 900. It was a sick Sled. Literally. we flew it off the mountain in Revi four times in one season under 1500 K total on the Sled. 2005 ? Maybe
I went into the old cycle works back when they came out to buy one of those. The sales staff were so brutal that I walked out after about half an hour of being ignored. Went and bought a doo. Dodged a bullet on that one!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope that’s not a record I had 5 inside of 260km. It once didn’t make it half way across the dealers shop lol. 800 dragon! Lived up to its name you were always dragon it back to the truck
Not sure the mileage but I did 4 engines in 7 weeks back in 2012. My 2010 dragon blew 3 engines and the dealer gave me anothe dragon demo sled that lasted maybe 5 minutes.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at some point polaris will have to address their quality issues whether it’s because of people switching to other brands and/or the warranty costs and bad publicity take their toll.
i’d have no problem switching brands if the situation was reversed. being on the snow is the most important thing, not brand.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at some point polaris will have to address their quality issues whether it’s because of people switching to other brands and/or the warranty costs and bad publicity take their toll.
i’d have no problem switching brands if the situation was reversed. being on the snow is the most important thing, not brand.
Dealer support is my number 1 and only
Local dealer is brp dont feel like driving 130km one way for parts allready busy enough hard enough to fit sledding in, i have wanted to try a polaris for a few years but just never can as i ride with guys who have them

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad. I would be on a poo for sure after trying one if I thought it would hold up. They make amazing sleds. When it comes to trusting the quality of a sled I don't think a doo has ever left me stranded (knock on wood). Most places we ride out here are pretty tough to tow a dead sled out of.

Should maybe start a separate thread for this, but has anyone had any luck setting the g4/g5 chassis up to be more predictable like the poo chassis? I'm sure it would be an objective and rational discussion. Haha

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad. I would be on a poo for sure after trying one if I thought it would hold up. They make amazing sleds. When it comes to trusting the quality of a sled I don't think a doo has ever left me stranded (knock on wood). Most places we ride out here are pretty tough to tow a dead sled out of.

Should maybe start a separate thread for this, but has anyone had any luck setting the g4/g5 chassis up to be more predictable like the poo chassis? I'm sure it would be an objective and rational discussion. Haha
I find the g5 expert to be very predictable compared to the g4 or the g5 Summit X. The tmotion xt makes a very noticeable difference. Coupled with an aftermarket suspension, it's a very precise machine.

Top Bottom