Muskoka Freerider

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies engine went down at hall and we went back the next day to tow it to a spot that the heli could pick it up. I picked the spot to leave it and we rode the rest of the day and went home. The next day the heli tried to pick it up but by the time he got there it was too socked in so he had to go back (they charged him $800 just for the attempt). So on attempt number 2 the heli goes back and sure enough a tree fell on the sled and smashed the hood and screen out. Did about $2500 damage. I think he had to cut the tree with a saw and use the heli to move the tree. Long story short, I’m not allowed to decide where to leave dead sleds anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But changing belts got me home. I was one of the 16 belt blown per season guys. I switched brands
Ya that’s a little excessive, I haven’t had the clutch issue or plug issue yet so hopefully they come up with a bandage or stop ride 😂 before I do🤔😊

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All aboard the Polaris train...
1000010063.jpg

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not too bad close to revy. especially when they dont have to land thats a quick turn and burn. thats size of heli is around 2500 an hour so if they can go there in back in half an hour ( boulder) be closer to 1500
We are getting some deals in Whistler. $1100 plus tax for local mountains. Just had one heli'd last Sat. They claim they are losing $$ with sleds but its good training for the pilots so they keep doing it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the guy a few posts above has had some ultimate rides on the end of a rope eh. 4 engines in 600km That's the ultimate. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well, even a Ski-doo guy would understand that the dealer involved here is not fixing the actual problem when replacing the motor. If the oil pump is broken they could install 100 motors and get the same results. These motors are not going down like this normally. Clutches may be a different story.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, even a Ski-doo guy would understand that the dealer involved here is not fixing the actual problem when replacing the motor. If the oil pump is broken they could install 100 motors and get the same results. These motors are not going down like this normally. Clutches may be a different story.

that is interesting, i have a friend that also did 4+ motors on his 850 axys under warranty. i guess its cheaper for polaris to do that than actually spend some time diagnosing an underlying problem? Youd think the bean counters would be asking questions after the second one.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
warranty pays so crappy. the tech prob gets killed on flat rate. when i was at the dealer i would spend time off the clock and take my time. that was back when i really loved working for the dealer. unfortunately that changed lol. it almost sounds like they have the oil lines mixed up. the ports for the bearings flow very little oil but the ones that are for the rods and pistons flog the oil pretty good. had a guy who rebuilt his axys and made it around 10k when it locked up. i took it out and found he had a low flow going to the case and a high flow going to the end bearing. expensive oops.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is interesting, i have a friend that also did 4+ motors on his 850 axys under warranty. i guess its cheaper for polaris to do that than actually spend some time diagnosing an underlying problem? Youd think the bean counters would be asking questions after the second one.
I'm not sure I believe this part. ;)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad techs can definitely be a major problem with repeat failures. The problem is a lot of techs in dealerships now are assemblers. They can replace parts but can’t diagnose. Rhodesie is obviously a good tech because he wants to know why something failed instead of just replacing it and hoping it works out.

Top Bottom