Muskoka Freerider

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the matryx chassis worth paying more for, or is the axys close enough if a guy can find a better deal? Probably just get a NA 850
It's the same chassis. Just different plastics, tank, and rear of the tunnel.

I've been riding a Matryx for 2 years now. Sometimes it dies and I have to ride my old 2019 Axys. I basically can't tell the difference in handling.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Is the matryx chassis worth paying more for, or is the axys close enough if a guy can find a better deal? Probably just get a NA 850
If you have others with the 7s gauge, or trailtech voyager gps’ I’d spend the extra money and get the matryx with it. The cooler not going all the way to the back makes it not hold as much ice and snow either. But the gauge is worth it.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have others with the 7s gauge, or trailtech voyager gps’ I’d spend the extra money and get the matryx with it. The cooler not going all the way to the back makes it not hold as much ice and snow either. But the gauge is worth it.
Been out on my 24 with the 7S guage and I feel for me the gauge is worth every penny.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These pros seem like class acts. No brand bashing all day, in the video anyways….

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the same chassis. Just different plastics, tank, and rear of the tunnel.

I've been riding a Matryx for 2 years now. Sometimes it dies and I have to ride my old 2019 Axys. I basically can't tell the difference in handling.

Sorry bud, have to 100% correct you on this one. It’s a completely different animal, had both Axys and Matryx side by side in the shop and on the hill.

Measuring length from first and last contact with the ground, a 165” Khaos Matryx is 1.5” shorter than a 155” Axys…..

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool video to watch. But I just can't imagine having no regard for damaging a $30K sled the way they all ride them. A arms and shocks are not a cheap fix; and that's if that's all that is damaged when you get into it. They are laughing at $3K track replacements, suspension damage, not to mention plain old cosmetic depreciation from smashing through willows/trees/rocks. Imagine what Caleb broke/bent/tweaked on his sled. Awesome talented riders for sure; but who wants to buy one of those sleds in the spring?? I just hope that the younger riders out there watching don't go and take out a loan for a new turbo sled and end up with a beaten 2 year old sled that they can't sell for $10K when they still owe $22K on it. Not trying to be a buzz kill; but there is a big difference between the cost of sledding for those guys vs the real world weekend sledders.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool video to watch. But I just can't imagine having no regard for damaging a $30K sled the way they all ride them. A arms and shocks are not a cheap fix; and that's if that's all that is damaged when you get into it. They are laughing at $3K track replacements, suspension damage, not to mention plain old cosmetic depreciation from smashing through willows/trees/rocks. Imagine what Caleb broke/bent/tweaked on his sled. Awesome talented riders for sure; but who wants to buy one of those sleds in the spring?? I just hope that the younger riders out there watching don't go and take out a loan for a new turbo sled and end up with a beaten 2 year old sled that they can't sell for $10K when they still owe $22K on it. Not trying to be a buzz kill; but there is a big difference between the cost of sledding for those guys vs the real world weekend sledders.

You really think those pro riders pay for parts? Muskola he probably pays but I bet gets really good deals on parts in exchange for a shoutout on his videos.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those sleds are definitely sleds to stay away from when they are done with them. Lol
But it’s all for content and likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kesterke was talking how he’s gonna do up his 165 khaos boost and ask a premium dollar for it when’s he’s done with it lol. I wouldn’t touch a sled that any of them have rode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

line8

Reaction score
Sorry bud, have to 100% correct you on this one. It’s a completely different animal, had both Axys and Matryx side by side in the shop and on the hill.

Measuring length from first and last contact with the ground, a 165” Khaos Matryx is 1.5” shorter than a 155” Axys…..

Agreed here. Ive got these 2 exact sleds, both khoas.
When lined up in exact positions on the deck. You can see the differences.
Same with my buddy’s 21 axys khaos sitting side by side with the matryx. Not the same. Height is different by a touch too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those ”pros” aren’t paying diddly for sled parts, that’s partly why they ride the way they do. Most regular folk wouldn’t think of riding that hard in the current conditions knowing that at any second it’s going to cost them!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was the whole last part about the cost difference from those guys to weekend sledders.
I could never treat my beautiful Snowmobile like a dirtbike. I beat on my sleds hard. But other than Tree sap and stuff they still are sellable lol.

Top Bottom