Muskoka Freerider

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Saw him and his group in Frisbee yesterday. He was on his 9R, green turbo doo on the sled deck.
Snow sucked along the ridge, water is smoother
m_1.1.1.jpg

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder when doo’s gonna make a 1000 146

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny I’ve been saying this all along. The 9R just isn’t for the steep and deep…and see comment below from the man himself. If your riding the steep and deep of revy, sicamous, vale. Your Gona need boost or your having a lame time lol

c6241302bc846c0ce9b8b7ddfda7f528.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's strange because everyone I know that have the 9R's are all good riders and most ride in the tree's and most have had 0 issues with them. Most of them say it's the best and fun sleds they have ever owned. To each is their own I guess.

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny I’ve been saying this all along. The 9R just isn’t for the steep and deep…and see comment below from the man himself. If your riding the steep and deep of revy, sicamous, vale. Your Gona need boost or your having a lame time lol

Maxwell is a funny man, we all watched numerous videos of Muskoka in the steep and deep getting up stuff and then filming the Gen 5 turbos and Poo Boosts in his group struggling below, flipping over, getting stuck all while Matt giggled from above😎👏

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your Gona need boost or your having a lame time lol

I laugh at the mentality these days that all N/A machines should stay at lower elevations and the turbos are mind blowing with a little extra HP.I guess all the riding and areas I’ve experienced over the years were all lame.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I laugh at the mentality these days that all N/A machines should stay at lower elevations and the turbos are mind blowing with a little extra HP.I guess all the riding and areas I’ve experienced over the years were all lame.

No disrespect, I know who you are and the places you’ve explored on an NA are commendable.

There is no doubt the NA offerings from both Polaris and skidoo are very capable machines. 10 fold over what was offered even 10 years ago.

Will the NA machines get where the turbo machines go? Absolutely. But there is a large group of us sick twisted individuals that crave more than just “getting there”. We like to do it fast, and the acceleration and speed of the current factory turbos appease our simple minds. I like to laugh hysterically under my helmet, and factory turbos do that.

And when it’s DEEP…I’m talking handle bar deep…..even the best of the best struggle on NA machines…some would call that fun but not
Me…and in fact not them. These factory turbos leap on top of the snow and start making uphill ground speed and it’s actually quite astonishing.

All good sleds, but if your an adrenaline junkie the NA sleds just don’t do it for a guy.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No disrespect, I know who you are and the places you’ve explored on an NA are commendable.

There is no doubt the NA offerings from both Polaris and skidoo are very capable machines. 10 fold over what was offered even 10 years ago.

Will the NA machines get where the turbo machines go? Absolutely. But there is a large group of us sick twisted individuals that crave more than just “getting there”. We like to do it fast, and the acceleration and speed of the current factory turbos appease our simple minds. I like to laugh hysterically under my helmet, and factory turbos do that.

And when it’s DEEP…I’m talking handle bar deep…..even the best of the best struggle on NA machines…some would call that fun but not
Me…and in fact not them. These factory turbos leap on top of the snow and start making uphill ground speed and it’s actually quite astonishing.

All good sleds, but if your an adrenaline junkie the NA sleds just don’t do it for a guy.

I know how fast the Turbo’s are have ridden them and ride exclusively with them sometimes.I‘m never in that big of hurry,but that’s coming from a guy who had his first liquid sled in 2008 lol!The previous 22 yrs were on custom fancooled sleds so nothing happened real quick,but usually always got where I needed to go.I guess the point I was trying to make was HP is not the ultimate end all in this sport.On one exploration day around 1999 era 26 of us headed out with some killer custom high HP machines in the group.6 of us seen alpine that day and the remaining 20 were unable to gain access to the high country.A fair chunk of those 20 were running 3 times the HP that I was running and were a little red faced that evening.Even before factory turbo’s seen so many people riding iron way above their skill level and it seemed awkward for them to get the basic skill levels as speed wasn’t doing them any favours.Ive been around this sport for awhile and seen so many attempting to go from zero to hero by just pushing the throttle.I learn’t years ago the terrain is the boss,once you grasp that your set🤓

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a bit like meth. Some of us are chasing that rush, and what got the heart pumping ten years ago just doesn't cut it anymore.

I can go out and have fun on the kids Crossfire 600, and even a NA 850 is a good time. But the thrill provided by a turbo spooled and the skis in the air climbing some regarded drainage... it's just not the same on those other machines anymore.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if a pump gas turbo is better than NA, then a race gas turbo must be better than a pump gas turbo right?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if a pump gas turbo is better than NA, then a race gas turbo must be better than a pump gas turbo right?

Can confirm. One guy in our group is running 50/50 with a Redline kit on his gen5. It's a thrill to watch, let alone to ride.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a bit like meth. Some of us are chasing that rush, and what got the heart pumping ten years ago just doesn't cut it anymore.

I can go out and have fun on the kids Crossfire 600, and even a NA 850 is a good time. But the thrill provided by a turbo spooled and the skis in the air climbing some regarded drainage... it's just not the same on those other machines anymore.

I get it for sure wheeling on the back idlers most of the day,I’m in a small minority but my riding peaked 20 years ago as most of you guys are young compared to me.Most of the rush for me over the years was being told you can’t go there on that thing🤓It’s a fantastic sport and I’ve had the privilege of riding with some of the best in the sport years ago.I’ve got a lot of memories from riding over 65 different mountains so far.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no, Polaris and skidoo have really hit the sweet spot with throttle response and lag ( more so the skidoo but the boost isn't a slouch) . And in technical terrain 200-250hp isn't your friend either. Things go sideways in a hurry and they aren't really manageable in the tight stuff. Pulling a chute with 200+hp race gas turbo is fun, but its not your daily driver that works in all scenarios

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So did Matt throw in the towel for the season? Usually announces that he is done.
Kinda just faded away and was inconsistent for the last month. Wonder if the daily videos is getting long in the tooth? Not that I blame him - a routine I wouldn't want.

Top Bottom