Muskoka Freerider

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt did say he was waiting for a new Dodge to show up before he left. And prob the Poo. Jerry showed up, wondering if he brought the new toys with him.
He ordered the 9R from a western dealer as eastern dealers were not alotted any.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No throttle safety switch with a finger job. Also, if the rider wasn't use to a finger throttle, pretty easy to panic squeeze.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
45F09ECC-62D2-4E0B-9B4E-6E6C1E3D2A8C.jpeg

That was hard to watch. Ben put so much work into that sled for Matt. Was a real cool build. He wanted to make sure it was absolutely perfect for him when he picked it up. When he called me from Revy he was devastated. Muskoka is a class act and both parties involved handled it remarkably well.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I had the dealership I can’t tell you the amount of times I would get that call on a Monday morning. My buddy borrowed my sled and…..This is why I made the comment you don’t see to many straight up guys like Ben anymore. A lot of those calls didn’t end well between the 2 buddies.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I had the dealership I can’t tell you the amount of times I would get that call on a Monday morning. My buddy borrowed my sled and…..This is why I made the comment you don’t see to many straight up guys like Ben anymore. A lot of those calls didn’t end well between the 2 buddies.

Remember when Fred borrowed his carbon fiber turbo to that random guy on boulder....

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks for both parties. Glad to hear no one was seriously injured. Ben is a straight up guy and will make it right. Only problem is is might be hard to find another boost to replace it. Then the man hours and parts to rebuild it.
Muskoka Boost 2.0! Or maybe it will be a 9R build ?

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess he didn't have any lock deicer in his pocket...
Have you ridden the 9R? And ill bet 200 HP and if unfamiliar with the finger throttle could cause issues. I know the first couple of rides with one i had a scare or two😬

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy with a perfectly good 165 2022 boost except it has some tunnel and heat exchanger damage. Maybe more damage, not sure. He's waiting on a new tunnel from Polaris, ordered last March, still doesn't have it, so the sled is just sitting at a dealer all winter. Maybe someone could combine these two sleds?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Very sad story, Ben put 50+ hours into the sled and I helped him dial it in the weekend before in Valemount and it was working very well but the tune didn’t take so he had to reflash it again hence the additional test day that ended bad and so grateful that the fellow did not get hurt, I will say Matt would have been impressed because not only was it much faster but the traction with the doo track is incredible. On a side note, I hated the finger throttle and complained about it bitterly ha ha, they should be banned from sleds in my opinion.

Top Bottom