Muskoka Freerider

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
surprised hes doing a 174. makes it pretty useless for anything else but i suppose hes got enough sleds for all conditions and riding styles. Wonder if he will throw a little tune at it. He might have trouble deleting that fancy guage and shot. theres alot that goes into the engineering of resistance in the harnesses etc. You start deleting some of that stuff and it can be troublesome. i know forsure he will need a different harness to run the lighter guage.

really!?

anyone ever mention your useless at riding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really!?

anyone ever mention your useless at riding.

No not yet I can still get around ok I’m not holding anyone up.

Had many 174s. Built many 174 mods i am aware of their capabilities and limitations.

There’s a reason Not one manufacturer makes a 174 anymore. No one buys them. It was a fad to compensate for underpowered NA motors at altitude. 165 is the popular choice for most these days just the way it is. 174 is too limited in the tight stuff and just doesn’t have the fun factor. 180hp 165 makes the 174 a prehistoric thing of the past. Sure, if you want to build a chute mod a 174 will shine there but that’s it.

I guess the 70+ crowd probably miss them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he puts a redline turbo on, or at least mods the stock ch!t

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No not yet I can still get around ok I’m not holding anyone up.

Had many 174s. Built many 174 mods i am aware of their capabilities and limitations.

There’s a reason Not one manufacturer makes a 174 anymore. No one buys them. It was a fad to compensate for underpowered NA motors at altitude. 165 is the popular choice for most these days just the way it is. 174 is too limited in the tight stuff and just doesn’t have the fun factor. 180hp 165 makes the 174 a prehistoric thing of the past. Sure, if you want to build a chute mod a 174 will shine there but that’s it.

I guess the 70+ crowd probably miss them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I differ on your opinion. If you’re stuck in the norm riding mode algorithm, a 175 would be boring. Hitting the same spots, going to the same cabin, doing the same thing all the time. Looking at things from a different perspective opens up massive terrain and challenges. Most of which are high risk. That said 95% of riders would never runs a 175 turbo to its max potential.

With regards to tight trees or creeks… I constantly find myself ahead of the pack of 165’s all day.

Chute climbing is always badass!

Silent mountain conquered
IMG_3618.jpeg

Top Bottom