Mountain sleds??

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately take the advice on this site... test drive and also find out if the service is good from who you buy it from...

I like the new Pro, but any sled these days is unbelievable technology!!!

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately take the advice on this site... test drive and also find out if the service is good from who you buy it from...I like the new Pro, but any sled these days is unbelievable technology!!!
Yeah I've heard that the new technology is just awesome. And I'm super psyched for my freeride (first sled!) As I've heard the ETEC is just sweet!

jasonmt

Reaction score
Brp. Parts in 3-4 days. Very important when you bust something

I highly agree. Whenever I have needed parts for my can am the most I've ever had to wait is 3 days. And I have needed tons of parts considering I rolled my quad and had to put a new frame into it. You can only imagine all the other parts I needed to replace.

Funny, it took 3+ weeks for BRP/Can-Am to get a new head to Martin to replace the one with factory defects on my quad. Ordered a new XMR clutch cover and once again 3+ weeks.

I know if I lived in Edmonton I would make the drive to Bonnyville to see Terry or Mark at TT Power Sports.
You can't find a better dealership, and just because they live on the flatland doesn't mean they don't know how to set up a sled for the mountains.:cool:

I live in Edmonton and have bought more than one sled from T&T, they will pull bits of machines in the showroom if that is what it takes to get you going.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 on Terry from T&T. He's about 14hrs away from me, but great to deal with! He's even had things drop-shipped to me straight from Cat to save me shipping.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leading Edge Cat dealer in Kamloops pulled a 2011 green a arm of a showroom cat to ship it to GP for me, never met them before I was even a BRP guy when I lived in Kamloops 10 years ago, the local guys I bought mine from wouldn't even consider doing that, I contacted a board member from mcbride who sourced it for me and saved a weeks riding, but then again the GP BRP dealer would have, the local polaris dealer actually came in on a sunday to sell us a belt and didn't even mark it over regular retail or charge a call out, still say ride all three first, but the service/parts aspect can play into the equation huge, I know my next sled will be decided by doing the same, rider loyalty is for delusional people IMO, I think if I'm spending money like that I will buy whatever is the best all around fit, rideability then price, then parts, then service for me but I also don't mind wrenching

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't go wrong with a doo or cat support your local dealer it paid off for me they gave me a new engine when i was 3 months off warranty....so i bought another one from them that day.

Reaction score
Last year I purchased a new 800 Pro RMK 155 for my self and my friend bought a E-TEC. The Pro has way better handling in deep snow and even tho they both have around the same amount of horsepower the Pro takes more advantage of it. Also I find that the E-Tecs bog down alot easier and therefore are easier to get stuck. They are both great sled but the Pro RMK is the superior sled in my opinion.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year I purchased a new 800 Pro RMK 155 for my self and my friend bought a E-TEC. The Pro has way better handling in deep snow and even tho they both have around the same amount of horsepower the Pro takes more advantage of it. Also I find that the E-Tecs bog down alot easier and therefore are easier to get stuck. They are both great sled but the Pro RMK is the superior sled in my opinion.

Not quite the same amount of power buddy............, unless you figure 15 or so HP is close. 800 pro 148ish, 800 e-tec 163ish

Top Bottom