Mountain sleds??

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a good paying job, gonna expand my horizons again and get a sled for this winter. I used to have a 2001 summit 800 144 three years ago, and haven't really kept up to date on sleds. So, based on your experiences, what's a good sled to go for? I'll mostly be riding mountains and longer tracks are a must.

Personally I think I want a 2 stroke but not 100% sure. Back when I used to ride 4 strokes where still new and hated at the mountains... I could be wrong now.. What do you sledders think?

Right now I'm leaning towards another BRP skidoobie. Any models I should look for?

Sent from my white iPhone 4

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a good paying job, gonna expand my horizons again and get a sled for this winter. I used to have a 2001 summit 800 144 three years ago, and haven't really kept up to date on sleds. So, based on your experiences, what's a good sled to go for? I'll mostly be riding mountains and longer tracks are a must.

Personally I think I want a 2 stroke but not 100% sure. Back when I used to ride 4 strokes where still new and hated at the mountains... I could be wrong now.. What do you sledders think?

Right now I'm leaning towards another BRP skidoobie. Any models I should look for?

Looking at used or new?

sent from my android

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, if the new ones are worth it I'll get new.

Well I'm sure you know my opinion haha. You can get 11's for good prices these days. Top to bottom, my vote would be ski doo with etec first, polaris pro second, yamaha third, and cat last.
I prefer 2 stroke just for how light they are.

sent from my android

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newer model sleds are all so much nicer to ride than the old Ski Doo that you had. The Polaris Pro is quite a bit lighter than the other brands, Ski Doo has the most advanced 2 stroke engine. The new cat 4 stroke turbo is heavy but is advertized as having the most power at elevation. I prefer the Polaris for the light weight, good luck in your search.

Trench

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sure you know my opinion haha. You can get 11's for good prices these days. Top to bottom, my vote would be ski doo with etec first, polaris pro second, yamaha third, and cat last.
I prefer 2 stroke just for how light they are.

sent from my android

The etec is deffinitely a sweet sled, The new Geometry is unbeleiveable.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i belive someone is selling their snowchecked pro on here as well, decent price just has to get out of it it sounds like. the new poos are looking good and seemed to do pretty well last year with only very minor issues reported.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll go with a 2 stroke just because the last few times I went to revelstoke I found myself in a few places I probably shouldn't had gone and ended up digging.

I'm probably going to stop by a dealer on the way back from work and see what kinds of deals I can pick up. Won't be buying until October or november.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i got a great 2007 M8 153 for sale to make room for my new cat. Its been a very good sled only problem i had was dimond drive went 2 yrs ago. Got it replaced and has been solid since. No bad crashes on it just min scratchs from a fence. Dosent blow belts but i change them twice a yr anyway. Asking 6000 but up for offers. Around 3000kms

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll go with a 2 stroke just because the last few times I went to revelstoke I found myself in a few places I probably shouldn't had gone and ended up digging.

I'm probably going to stop by a dealer on the way back from work and see what kinds of deals I can pick up. Won't be buying until October or november.

Wait a year and you can buy mine when I get a 13. Never had a hard day in it's life..............

sent from my android

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers, but I'm never one to buy "lots of extras" already on a sled. I always gotta be the one to do the mods. Its not that I think its abused, but I prefer doing my own work, even if I like the mods that are done to it. Generally, the more stock, the more likely I'd but it. None the less, keep the posts coming! :)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers, but I'm never one to buy "lots of extras" already on a sled. I always gotta be the one to do the mods. Its not that I think its abused, but I prefer doing my own work, even if I like the mods that are done to it. Generally, the more stock, the more likely I'd but it. None the less, keep the posts coming! :)

Only thing mine has is a can. And rail stiffeners.

sent from my android

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo all the way if u wanna xp go 2010 or newer other than that there is some pretty mint revs out there still kijiji has lots of good deals!

Top Bottom