Motorfist Gloves

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let them know for sure. I have had some minor issues and items were replaced quickly. The items that have been replaced were also updated and improved.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
MfGuy, does your warranty cover stupidity? I left my WOT gloves on the deck of the truck last spring in golden, and for some reason when I got back here to Edmonton they weren't there anymore?

At least your dilemma was only a pair of gloves!

I did the same to a 509 helmet and 509 sinister goggles with the interior fan and with a Contour mount on the visor. Funny thing I couldn't find any warranty either. I lost mine somewhere down in Coal Creek.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys with failures let me know. We will help you out.

The Redline glove is warmer. The Valkyrie glove is for cold temps, but not like the Redline. Almost all gloves in the industry have a 1 year warranty for a reason and not the Lifetime warranty. Boots and gloves are the redheaded step child and get treated as such. BUT they shouldn't fail out the gate!

The Redline has almost 2x the insulation.

Thanks for the explanation on the difference between gloves. I bought the redline because of the palm material. I tried to research a bit first but there wasn't anything on the MF site that explained the difference. This isn't just your product either. Very few companies explain the difference between multiple choices of gloves, jackets and pants.

I bought the side hill jacket and it is working better than expected. Rode Saturday at -17 in the morning and wondered if I should have brought a heavier jacket. Layered up properly and was comfortable all day.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least your dilemma was only a pair of gloves!

I did the same to a 509 helmet and 509 sinister goggles with the interior fan and with a Contour mount on the visor. Funny thing I couldn't find any warranty either. I lost mine somewhere down in Coal Creek.

That kind of sucks that someone didn't try and find you. If I find stuff like that, I make an effort. That's good money and it wouldn't feel right wearing someone else's helmet, goggles and the camera.

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just reviewed the MF website. Ya NO description for the Valk glove. WTF. On that. The sidehill....still my favorite jacket. I don't think people appreciated what is was. It was kind of a sqirky design but the access to the pockets and what not were awesome.

Stupidity.....In the immortal words of Forrest Gump "Stupid is as stupid does." It is not covered by warranty but can be written off as a donation to some lucky soul who may find them that has cold hands.

One other note....Gloves are very tricky to sew. Just millimeters difference of holding your hand on the machine means a seams coming apart. Sometimes we have a batch that just isn't and you can't see the problem till the field reports, like you guys. We fix the engineering where we can. If you have a FUBAR pair....we stand behind it.

Last edited:

rmk900fan

Reaction score
I totally agree. I started to wear some Outdoor Research liner gloves to make up for the lack of warmth. I guess the Redline gloves are supposed to be warmer.

My Outdoor Research glove are the best so far. No leather palm but totally waterproof and always warm. I like the removable liner you can wear on it's own or wear the shell on it's own if you need to take your gloves on and off when doing snowpack tests etc.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Outdoor Research glove are the best so far. No leather palm but totally waterproof and always warm. I like the removable liner you can wear on it's own or wear the shell on it's own if you need to take your gloves on and off when doing snowpack tests etc.

which model do you wear? Mine are just a $30 pair of liners.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that if you do have any issues with Motorfist products........CONTACT THEM!!!! Between them and my local dealer, they have both gone outa their way to ensure I have remained warm and dry. Yes I have had a few minor issues with their products, but they are still fairly new to the market and are really figuring this stuff out FAST!!! Once again, service above and beyond is what I have received and all you have to do is talk to them.........Thanks MFGuy..and all your crew...u guys ROCK!! :beer::beer:

danmilton87

Reaction score
Love my mf gloves warm and dry
Love my boots pants jacket middle and base layer aswell not a problem with any of it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356997101.543260.jpg
Two thumbs up

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the Motorfist WOT and Valkyrie for playing. I usually wear the Vals on the way home. When deciding upon your glove your dealer should ask you a few questions to help you pick the glove best suited for you. Questions regarding ride style, overall average body temp when out riding (are you super sweaty or a perpetually cold person) Terrain, and area you ride. Those factors alone help me to decide which gloves would be best suited for the individuals who come into our store. Make sure your gloves aren't tight, any restriction to blood flow will most certainly create cold hands. Setting up people who are Trappers would be completely different from the gear and gloves I'd recommend for a mountain rider. A casual rider, trail rider or someone who is 2 upping, perhaps would want a bit more insulation factor for their gear, gloves and boots. I think you'll find a great selection. One Gentleman purchased Motorfist Rekon Gear, and the Hydrophobic fleece as his midlayer.. he wanted to wear the gear working up in Northern BC, so to accommodate both climates we simply altered his midlayer. He uses the Turnagin pass fleece for work, and Hydrophobic fleece for riding. Warm and yes.... Happy happy happy!

My son Sage came in after playing outside. He was using My WOTs. His words.. "MOM I was out there for 4 hours in the snow and my hands are warm and dry!!!!!"
So needless to say..The gloves and gear are awesome, as is the customer service from Motorfist.

Top Bottom