Motorfist Gloves

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a pair of Motorfist gloves the cold weather rubber palm ones..hands stayed dry but they started splitting at the seams between the thumb and index finger first day out brand new!...Wasn't impressed anyone else have a problem with these? I have since took them back got refunded, and up grade to the leather palm style...Hope these are better.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the leather ones myself and they're great but if they refunded instead of replaced I'd lean towards them not being very good, the leather ones just like Klim ones will crack if you don't nikwax them, you can buy it anywhere really it's cheap and re applying will help longevity

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i got some of that Nikwax when I got the new gloves, hope these ones are better. Do you reapply the wax each year or a couple times a year?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rre apply every couple rides, have a tube in camp all the time and it only takes a sec, keeps the hands a little less wet but they klim and motorfists make me sweat bad, rather be sweaty and warm than cold though

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love my motorfist gloves, have 3 pairs now. I had one set that the seams started coming apart between the fingers, brought them in and had a new pair handed straight across.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is isnt good to hear. I just bought the cloth gloves. Dealer talked me into them saying they were better than the leather.
I guess I will found out this week in Vale. Good thing they are covered. Is there a motorfist dealer in Vale in case the gloves crap out?

rmk900fan

Reaction score
I got some motor fist glove for christmas. In my area I think they suck for any winter activity. They would be good for summer riding.
My hands where wet after 30 minutes and cold 20 minutes after that. What a waste.
I'll return the jacket before I get disappointed. If they can't get something as simple as a glove right, how good can the jackets be ?

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well dunno what gloves u got but both the jacket and gloves I got , have 5 rides on them and are 150% happy, happy, happy

from my HTC

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a new pair if Motorfist Valkri leather gloves and I agree that they are not the warmest, unless you use the heated grips u will have cold hands at any temp below -20c , but I should have gotten a bigger size. However I have yet to have wet hands.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go some for Christmas and first day out they started to rip on the inside lining. Not impressed. Over priced junk as far as I can see.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a pair of Motorfist gloves the cold weather rubber palm ones..hands stayed dry but they started splitting at the seams between the thumb and index finger first day out brand new!...Wasn't impressed anyone else have a problem with these? I have since took them back got refunded, and up grade to the leather palm style...Hope these are better.

I had the same problem, took them back to a dealer and in a few days I had a new pair with more reinforcement around the thumb.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
desperately needed some new gloves (thin ones preferred) so i picked up some kill switch for my last ride. definitely overpriced and the quality is pretty bad. i'll just shred em and return em. don't imagine it will take too long. hopefully the fxr ones i ordered online are decent.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a new pair if Motorfist Valkri leather gloves and I agree that they are not the warmest, unless you use the heated grips u will have cold hands at any temp below -20c , but I should have gotten a bigger size. However I have yet to have wet hands.

I totally agree. I started to wear some Outdoor Research liner gloves to make up for the lack of warmth. I guess the Redline gloves are supposed to be warmer.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You found gloves that keep your hands warm without the handwarmers on at below -20? What temp do you usually turn on your handwarmers?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used ice fishing gloves last year 20 bucks a pair hands stay warm and dry coldest day we rode was about -27
But only last about 10 rides then thumb splits

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You found gloves that keep your hands warm without the handwarmers on at below -20? What temp do you usually turn on your handwarmers?
I was wondering this myself, I've had frost bite on both hands and with my Valkyrie gloves I've never had an issue, keep in mind I wear large mitts when on the trail and then swap to my Motorfist gear once into riding, not sure what would be better or cheaper and at this point I would run my Motorfist gear anyway, maybe you guys need to buy gear more suited to your riding, if you are a lake racing trail rider mitts ate going to be the warm option

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys with failures let me know. We will help you out.

The Redline glove is warmer. The Valkyrie glove is for cold temps, but not like the Redline. Almost all gloves in the industry have a 1 year warranty for a reason and not the Lifetime warranty. Boots and gloves are the redheaded step child and get treated as such. BUT they shouldn't fail out the gate!

The Redline has almost 2x the insulation.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You guys with failures let me know. We will help you out.

The Redline glove is warmer. The Valkyrie glove is for cold temps, but not like the Redline. Almost all gloves in the industry have a 1 year warranty for a reason and not the Lifetime warranty. Boots and gloves are the redheaded step child and get treated as such. BUT they shouldn't fail out the gate!

The Redline has almost 2x the insulation.

MfGuy, does your warranty cover stupidity? I left my WOT gloves on the deck of the truck last spring in golden, and for some reason when I got back here to Edmonton they weren't there anymore?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MfGuy, does your warranty cover stupidity? I left my WOT gloves on the deck of the truck last spring in golden, and for some reason when I got back here to Edmonton they weren't there anymore?
THAT would be a warrantee to talk about........

Top Bottom