Motorfist gloves

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Motorfist Rekon Gloves beginning of last season. The pinky seem ripped opened last season, I had it sewed together. This year the other glove ripped a seem and the leather palm tore about an inch.

Anyone else have problems like this with these gloves? They were 180bucks so they weren't cheap, Id expect them to last longer than a season and a bit... I really like the warmth and feel of them. Called the place I bought them and they say they only have a 1 year warranty. Seems kind of cheap for a nearly 200 dollar pair of gloves.

I tried a pair of Tobe gloves the other day, they gave me blisters and weren't that warm, can anyone suggest a good pair of gloves like these Rekon, warmth and feel wise?

Thanks

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FXR has a rekon glove that's heated.

I've had a pair of fxr torque gloves and they are still good after 2 season, but are not water proof anymore.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch $280 for those FXR. I have a pair of Klim Elite, all leather, really nice, but only use them on cold days or on the way down the trail when my other pair is full of ice.

prairegopher

Reaction score
Try and send them back, I bought entire Motorfist suit, gloves and boots when they first came out, seen them at the sled show in Saskatoon 2014 told them the issues, they told me to call the warranty phone number, they gave me a return number packaged it up and sent to them in Calgary, 2 weeks later they replaced the Jacket, boots and gloves and fixed my pants. All it costed was the 16 bucks to ship it to them.
Pants: my fault ripped the snow cuff off
Jacket: insulation was bunching up
Boots: cracked
Gloves: fell apart

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea call Motorfist themselves. I bet they will warranty them

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent them an email thanks fellas.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We carry Motorfist in store because I absolutely love their customer service. The product is amazing, but the customer service is better - which means a lot to me, as a consumer!

I have a feeling they will help you out, too :)

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch $280 for those FXR. I have a pair of Klim Elite, all leather, really nice, but only use them on cold days or on the way down the trail when my other pair is full of ice.
Yea i agree and I wonder how long the batteries last.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

gforce_15

Reaction score
let us know how your warranty claim goes. I had a seam come apart on my Motorfist Valkyrie glove within the first couple rides. Sent it to MF for warranty and they tried to re stitch the seam, which lasted all of one more ride. Didn't warranty it after that, which left a bitter taste for awhile. I ended up buying another pair the next year and they've held up great for the last 2 seasons.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After having one pair warrantied and the new ones not lasting any longer (half season) they are my loading/sled ramp gloves now. Not better for anything more than snowblowing the driveway IMO.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They emailed back saying to fill out the warranty claim and mail them in. My stomper two boots ripped the seam on the rubber toe within the first season, they sent me a new pair. Sounds like they need to revaluate their stitching and seams.

I really like their products, they need to address these issues.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes curious how your warranty claim goes. I had a pair last year that did not fail but the palm started to split. When I approached MF about warranty they said there was no problem and the gloves would be fine. After spending $200 on gloves I really did not appreciate that response so I voted with my wallet and moved along. So far my new Klims are perfect. Interested in the new Tobes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised with everyone's glove problems. I have two pairs of their Valkyrie gloves and they've been great. Third Season now and no problems other than melting one a little on my exhaust on a REALLY cold day.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a giftcard at cycleworks, so I bought a pair of the all leather sub zero gloves. They have a great feel and look like they are built a bit tougher than the Rekon.

Do you guys notice your leather gloves shrinking when you dry them out over warm air? I tried on a new pair of the Rekons and mine must have shrunk quite a bit, they are much tighter.

I bought a small glove and boot dryer at Canadian tire that blows room temp or warm air, I'm going to start drying them with room temp air.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes curious how your warranty claim goes. I had a pair last year that did not fail but the palm started to split. When I approached MF about warranty they said there was no problem and the gloves would be fine. After spending $200 on gloves I really did not appreciate that response so I voted with my wallet and moved along. So far my new Klims are perfect. Interested in the new Tobes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried the long Tobe gloves, they are really thin, the liner comes out when you pull your hand out which is highly annoying. They also gave me some nasty blisters. I didn't use them again.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FXR has a nice looking/feeling thinner riding glove (like an MX glove for winter) that I want to try.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Bought a pair of True Adventure Gear Storm gloves and liked them so much I just orderd the Powder ones too for colder days. for $50 for the storms and $72 for the powders you cant beat it and comfort is great.
I wear a large in alot of stuff yet these gloves fit with a tad extra room in Mediums. Almost ordered the Tobe's just could not justify the 149. Also very interested in the Ski Doo's new glove the Highmark yet they
are even more at 189. 72+50 = 122 and free shipping from TAG and now have tree gloves and trail gloves cheaper than one pair of the pricey ones.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair of True Adventure Gear Storm gloves and liked them so much I just orderd the Powder ones too for colder days. for $50 for the storms and $72 for the powders you cant beat it and comfort is great.
I wear a large in alot of stuff yet these gloves fit with a tad extra room in Mediums. Almost ordered the Tobe's just could not justify the 149. Also very interested in the Ski Doo's new glove the Highmark yet they
are even more at 189. 72+50 = 122 and free shipping from TAG and now have tree gloves and trail gloves cheaper than one pair of the pricey ones.
I have TAG Powder's but after a season and a half they have turned into sponges and I have to waterproof the leather every 2 rides. I loved them before that.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their stuff has been hit and miss for me. I have two pairs of their gloves which have been great. Have their first gen boots which have also been great. One sole is cracked and lets in water which then squeaks but my feet still stay warm and dry. My helmet I have been really disappointed with. It now gets used as a spare if someone needs it. Pieces of it are falling apart since the first season. I loved the helmet the first season but it didn't last more then a year. I have replace it with a Fox VX1 for summer and a BRP BVS2 for cold weather

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Their stuff has been hit and miss for me. I have two pairs of their gloves which have been great. Have their first gen boots which have also been great. One sole is cracked and lets in water which then squeaks but my feet still stay warm and dry. My helmet I have been really disappointed with. It now gets used as a spare if someone needs it. Pieces of it are falling apart since the first season. I loved the helmet the first season but it didn't last more then a year. I have replace it with a Fox VX1 for summer and a BRP BVS2 for cold weather

Customer service is nothing short of amazing.. Tried the stomper boots last year, Recon gloves and WOT gloves, with thier alpha pants and jacket and thier alpha carbon fiber helmet.

Day one... Helmet has MASSIVE pressure points in it (instant headache) felt like there was hockey pucks in it for padding, Stomper boots were soaking wet by mid day, The Recon glove came apart at the seam of the thumb and hand and they were COOOOOLLLLD. (Klim Powercross gloves all the way) The pants and jacket stayed dry, But they have a LONG way to come to catch Klim or Helium as far as comfort and fabrics. Its unfortunate I had such bad luck with it as its an AWESOME company and thier customer service is honestly second to none.

Top Bottom