Moderators ?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Many of us on this site have been here for along time and a lot of the reason for that is the fun/bs threads that are strictly for entertainment value. That said I do agree that many info threads get screwed by people just being smarts ass' or d*** heads. I myself don't interfere with anything outside of threads I know are there for that purpose.
I myself have started threads that's are instantly taken off track that I actually wanted info. In these threads I get it. But not sure you can put that on the mod staff.

a mod can only do what they can do. They're not on here 24 hours a day monitoring and can't possibly weed out every bad egg and every bs post. Also not easy to keep everyone happy. They Moderate a post and next thing you know people are jumping down their throats for it.

Rather than questioning the mods maybe just ignore the threads/peeps that piss you off. If you see they are the last one to post maybe just move on.

Also in this topic I have met most of the guys on here that some would consider the bad apples. And have had beer with more than a few of them. And once you read past their joking and douchebaggery these are some of the best people you'll meet. Always willing to help you out, meet for a drink, let you join them for a ride in their areas and are actually a wealth of information.
The same goes for the mods. I have over the years had the pleasure of meeting almost every mod on this site. They all volunteer their time here, for all the events, and in many other ways both for snow and mud and for their prospective clubs ect. And all do this not expecting anything for it.

Maybe we need to stop complaining and just enjoy the site the way it is or go pay your way into another site that's is monit-----sorry policed "better"
I myself think there is a good balance here of what they allow us to get away with and what they moderate.

Last edited:

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still, one the top sites for information.
A wealth of knowledge and experience, you just can't find anywhere else.

I really enjoy the entertainment factor.
I explore this site to get a giggle when I need one, and can usually find something to pick up the day.

Yah maybe some members can bend rules further than others, but that's life !

For a site like this to be perfect for 50,000 people is unrealistic, but it's as close
as you are going to get !

Thanks to the thankless Mods.

See you at MM 9 on the one ski ! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 180

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is always a fine line between the 'wild west' and rigid rules where comradery and fun are absent.

I think the site is well managed and information is amazing! I've always had all of my questions answered and in the process have met some really incredible people.

I can appreciate that when asking about something you get a bunch of smart a$$ responses. But in the end, the village here online generally provides and every once in a while corrections are required.

Too many rules / enforcement will see most people not want to participate. I think the mods allow everyone's personality shine through in their posts, and I for one always get the info I'm looking for with humor, entertainment and a belly laugh most times.

There is always room for improvement in anything. Being constructive and moderate is key to see change.

Don't sell destroy the culture and create an encyclopedia. I appreciate both equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What a suck-up.
Many of us on this site have been here for along time and a lot of the reason for that is the fun/bs threads that are strictly for entertainment value. That said I do agree that many info threads get screwed by people just being smarts ass' or d*** heads. I myself don't interfere with anything outside of threads I know are there for that purpose.
I myself have started threads that's are instantly taken off track that I actually wanted info. In these threads I get it. But not sure you can put that on the mod staff.

a mod can only do what they can do. They're not on here 24 hours a day monitoring and can't possibly weed out every bad egg and every bs post. Also not easy to keep everyone happy. They Moderate a post and next thing you know people are jumping down their throats for it.

Rather than questioning the mods maybe just ignore the threads/peeps that piss you off. If you see they are the last one to post maybe just move on.

Also in this topic I have met most of the guys on here that some would consider the bad apples. And have had beer with more than a few of them. And once you read past their joking and douchebaggery these are some of the best people you'll meet. Always willing to help you out, meet for a drink, let you join them for a ride in their areas and are actually a wealth of information.
The same goes for the mods. I have over the years had the pleasure of meeting almost every mod on this site. They all volunteer their time here, for all the events, and in many other ways both for snow and mud and for their prospective clubs ect. And all do this not expecting anything for it.

Maybe we need to stop complaining and just enjoy the site the way it is or go pay your way into another site that's is monit-----sorry policed "better"
I myself think there is a good balance here of what they allow us to get away with and what they moderate.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"For a site like this to be perfect for 50,000 people is unrealistic, but it's as
as you are going to get !"

If numbers are correct ? Only 5% of the 50000 have 10 or more posts ?
Again the site is great but it's just the more informative threads that need to be cleaned up if chit starts going sideways.
Just saying it would be nice if some of the more technical guys would come and help out without wasting their time?
You contact people and most will not waste time on this site due to getting derailed so often.
This is them saying it not me.
Anyway I was just asking if it would be possible and the mods have commented on it so perfect.
See what happens.
Again a very fun site and a lot of great people.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"For a site like this to be perfect for 50,000 people is unrealistic, but it's as

Again the site is great but it's just the more informative threads that need to be cleaned up if chit starts going sideways.
Just saying it would be nice if some of the more technical guys would come and help out without wasting their time?
You contact people and most will not waste time on this site due to getting derailed so often.
Anyway I was just asking if it would be possible and the mods have commented on it so perfect.
See what happens.

so Ross, you're saying everything is good, in moderation ?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

See what happens.

We are going to start to Moderate the threads outside of the "fun sections" much more as we go through the spring. The goal is to make peeps safe to ask a question. Unfortunately we do not know which peeps are buddies with which so at some point we are going to moderate some fun, but that's just life.

Hopefully we can find a happy place for everyone.

Life is good in "Da Hood"

Top Bottom