Missing Carstairs Man

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see he has an ADV decal on his Varadero, do you happen to know his handle over on ADV? there are a couple threads up about him missing over there in the Mexico section, those guys will get the word out amongst the adventure bike community. they are everywhere, hope there is a positive outcome.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see he has an ADV decal on his Varadero, do you happen to know his handle over on ADV? there are a couple threads up about him missing over there in the Mexico section, those guys will get the word out amongst the adventure bike community. they are everywhere, hope there is a positive outcome.

Thanks Teeroy, his family does not know his handle on that forum but we can get an email address. Maybe some admins on there can figure out his handle through that?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll pm one of the admins on there, if he used that email they should be able to come up with a username.

Thank you teeroy. Anything helps at this point. 😊 :beer:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping he shows up and this turns out well for your family and him, the not knowing sucks. There is a fairly long section from just a bit north of Acapulco on the coast that most motorcycles go inland quite a ways to avoid. It's controlled totally by a very corrupt and violent group, the local cops and even the federales stay out of there, hopefully he was aware of the danger zones. We lucked out but I wouldn't push my luck again, it sucks when you have to worry about a$$holes when you're doing something so enjoyable.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping he shows up and this turns out well for your family and him, the not knowing sucks. There is a fairly long section from just a bit north of Acapulco on the coast that most motorcycles go inland quite a ways to avoid. It's controlled totally by a very corrupt and violent group, the local cops and even the federales stay out of there, hopefully he was aware of the danger zones. We lucked out but I wouldn't push my luck again, it sucks when you have to worry about a$$holes when you're doing something so enjoyable.

hopefully he knew that. Good information to know however, I will be sure to pass this on. Thank you.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wishing for a good outcome in all of this Krista. As Lenny said this is a rough area of Mexico to be in. Have the Police been any help with any of your queries?

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI, this is also posted in one of the HD forums that I am on. I hope all the best Rowdy and if anything comes up from the other forum, I'll pass it along to you..

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes he has been located thank goodness. Here's a post. Thank you to everyone for spreading the word.

image.jpg

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear! I'm not being a smartass but I'm guessing he didn't have a delorme in reach or spot GPS tracker? I just came back from Mexico and some of the small towns and villages are pretty remote, with limited communication abilities.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear! I'm not being a smartass but I'm guessing he didn't have a delorme in reach or spot GPS tracker? I just came back from Mexico and some of the small towns and villages are pretty remote, with limited communication abilities.

No no he didn't have either and I was surprised by that.

Top Bottom