Mike's Lake

gprimosc

Reaction score
Has any one been past the green tower and down into " Mike's Lake " recently ?. Our buddy died there a couple of year's ago, and we put up a memorial there. I was just wondering if any one has been there lately, and if so if the memorial is still in tact. It's been a while since we have been back to the accident site, just can't bring myself to go back there.
Looking forward to hearing from some one.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
I was was riding for snow patrol that sad day, our group had stopped and talked to him before it happened. We made the call for help.
I did see the memorial late last spring and do look for it when we are back that way but have not been there this yr. yet. I will check again when I do.
Hope your group is doing well.

gprimosc

Reaction score
Thank's for the reply. Our group is doing well, although most of us have not sledded since that tragic day, except to put up the memorial. I guess they named the lake after Mike. Do you know if there has been a sign put up there?

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was that mike with the 405hp apex?It was a shitty day I had two familys and wife out that day and some guy on a dragon came up and asked if we had cell,that one of there party members wasn't doing so well.so willy(local)went to the only spot there's cell up by the cabin in the middle of the wet spot,I went to see what I could do(don't remember anyone else) ,by the time i got to him it had been 45 min.so they I told them to let him go and I grab him as he slide by. brought him to bottom of lake and waited for heli....took pic's for coroner..I know there was some pretty good beer filled lines there,but it was a freakish accident getting pined like that.yeah

sincerely

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 100

gprimosc

Reaction score
Yeah, that was Mike with the turboed Apex. Definately a freak accident. But he died doing what he truly loved to do. Do you have any more pic's ?
Ps: thank's for helping out on that tragic day.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The club hasn`t put up a sign at the lake but yes we did name the lake after him.
We were there right before it happened, one of the riders in our group has me convinced now he has a 6th sense, he wouldn`t let us take a break there, he kept telling us we had to leave and wouldn`t give up till we did. We had just got back to the cabin when a rider came up to us asking for us to call for help. We did spend a few minutes talking with your group gprimosc when we were down on the lake before the accident, we were all wearing snow patrol jackets.
Just a note everyone there is cell service at the top of Nob Hill.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank's for the reply. Our group is doing well, although most of us have not sledded since that tragic day, except to put up the memorial. I guess they named the lake after Mike. Do you know if there has been a sign put up there?

Sad to hear. :(

Humbling reminder that life is fragile and the time we have passes quick.

Its cool that you set up the memorial, sounds like he had some true friends. Will look for it next time we are out that way.

gprimosc

Reaction score
He was climbing the wall that you can see in the above picture. He coudn't make it so he turned out, when he turned out his machine rolled and pinned him between his machine and a tree. The boy's were up to him in about 2 - 3 min. but he was already gone by the time they got to him. I don't know if you are familiar with that area or not, but that climb is almost vertical. You can't tell by looking at the picture above but it is.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its the only other one i still have of his pulls and anyone that knows the area knows thats some big terrain,think i just got rid of rest out of respect....

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 67

gprimosc

Reaction score
Thank's for the pic's Carbon. Yeah that is a big pull. In the dead of winter you are lucky to make if half way up that wall. But in the spring time it is definately doable. Just a word of caution to everyone. That hill is a lot steeper than it look's. PLEASE PLAY SAFE EVERYONE !!!!!!!!

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never thought of that danger befor i always think about Avey's or Cliff's. Damm that makes me think.

Top Bottom