Memberships

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think if you could buy a membership that included more then one place would be good also. As was said about the internet being easy to get info, wouldn't it also be easy to be able to buy memberships online as well? Noticed also that most of you hit the mountains what every weekend or second weekend? So make use of the areas alot more then say someone who travels 12-15hours to ride for the weekend once or twice a year. I would gladly pay little extra when buy trtail fees for helping the sport. If really worried about the VOICE as most have been saying why aren't all the clubs joined together? Then would have an even bigger voice? Being new to the sport its just my :twocents: if there even worth that. And guilt trips usually don't work. Need to be positive, bet don't like when your wife is always nagging at you lol

Originally all the clubs were part of the BCSF. This membership brought all the clubs together as a whole. Unfortunately the funds usually got allocated to the larger clubs and monies weren't used to help the smaller clubs develop their areas. That is why the clubs collect for themselves, to help with the development and protection of their areas. If they didnt do this, then you wouldnt be able to make your once a year trip and I wouldnt be able to make my once a week either. I have been riding these areas for 20 plus years, and have personally seen prime areas get shut down. The sport is growing at a rapid rate, as there is low snow years elsewhere, so the little areas we have left, are only getting smaller.

Dont you think club support is a small price to pay to ensure that you have places like this to ride in the future? I do, and if I come off like a nagger, I'm sorry, I am just very pasionate about the sport.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am an Albertan that is a member in both the Valemount and Blue River clubs and will be buying a membership in the McBride club the next trip I make that way. Let's have a show of hands. Who on here is a club member in the areas they ride ? If not, WHY NOT !!!
I have an ASA and VARDA membership.

I think Curtis should hire some cute VARDA girls to go around to the pubs each weekend, have them be all cheery and ask the sledders how the riding was and then hit them up for memberships.....:D

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question, why does varda not sell memberships similar to other clubs that cost more but include your trail fees for the year? Is it because there is not enough club support / grooming support in doing memberships that way?

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think Curtis should hire some cute VARDA girls to go around to the pubs each weekend, have them be all cheery and ask the sledders how the riding was and then hit them up for memberships.....:D

HAHA
that or dont serve non-members at the caribou and loose moose. That would change things in a hurry.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question, why does varda not sell memberships similar to other clubs that cost more but include your trail fees for the year? Is it because there is not enough club support / grooming support in doing memberships that way?
pretty sure they do, you can get a yearly trail pass. if you ride there enough it would certainly be worth it....bet maxwell has one

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any suggestion on how to get a hold of one of those? We would likely qualify for that, as any trip includes 2-3 days riding, not always groomed areas but who cares. its club support. perhaps ill hafta msg curtis about this. Varda website doesnt say anything about it, or not that i've seen.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its hard enough to sell the 20 dollar memberships. I dont think there is a unlimited trail pass but who knows. I would pay for it.....wait a miniute, I think I do?

Proud sponsor of Varda!

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT, BECAUSE THIS NEEDS TO BE SEEN. Mods, can you move this to General Snowmobile Chat and make this a sticky please ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iam a Revy club member as most of my riding is in that area and close to my heart. Alot of good times over the years in that region. Now my daughter is into the sport and we find ourselves doing day trips to Fernie as it is alot closer. I will be contacting Ferniesnow on joing up to that club as well for next year.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are we snowmobiles or a bunch of old woman sitting around complaining about every little detail, problems that comes along. I read these threads and it makes me sad to think that so many people in the world have nothing to do but complain. Your not all rock stars or as tough in the really world as you think you are behind your computer screen. Sorry! My two cents on the membership thing. I think more people would buy a membership if they were available at the trail head. I know my group of 8 last trip would have boughten one if we could have gotten them at the Parkin lot. We are usually gone up before the office is open and back to town after its closed

This sounds to me like someone that deliberatley avoids paying his way. If you know the hours the office is open and are serious about being a supporter you would adjust one days riding to be able to do that. Just saying.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my Dad and I have a membership for Valemount, and will continue to buy them as long as we stay riding. I see many people out there every second third weekend not sure if they have memberships or not but hopefully they do.

If you eat at the summit grill or many other places it's dumb not to have one. I believe The summit grill offers 20% off for VARDA members, basically a $15 a day savings between 2 people. 2 days and your $25 membership is paid for. Whatever the discount was we just give to the waiter/waitress as a tip, because the main thing is its support to keep the areas open.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'd do it if I'm down there lol

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silly question I just started sledding in Alberta (Yukon before) and my boyfriend just started this year too. Is there a website we can buy our memberships from? We are going to revy for the ladies ride and would like to have them by then.

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact Powder Puff and she will point you in the right direction April.

97summit

Reaction score
The three in our group are members at Valemount. (only place that we ride) If you go to this link Trail Pass Information - Valemount Area Recreation Development Association The form is there. $180.00 includes unlimited trail pass and $25.00 of it goes towards "ABCSC membership and incentives at many great businesses." Fill out the form send it in and they will mail it to you. We sent in the form and Curtis meet us at the office at 8:00 so we could pick it up as we were headed there in a coulpe of days.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many discounts with the VARDA membership including but not limited to Alpine Rentals, ASE Motorsports and Valemount Pines Golf Course. My $25 is paid back many times over just with the discount at the Valemount Pines Golf Course, which is by the way an amazing course for a small town and well worth playing a round or two if you pass through Valemount in the summer. Show them your VARDA membership and you get a decent discount on green fees that are already very reasonable.

Top Bottom