Mcbride or Valemount ?

chrispy

Reaction score
Have been reading the condition threads for both places, still early season conditions in both places from what i have been reading. Where would be the best place to go this up coming weekened (dec.3)? Thinking of either renshaw or clemina since i am familiar with those, only rod allen twice last year not real familiar with it.. Any recommondations would be awesome..Not looking to do anything crazy, just a safe ride for the first of the season. Trail condition advice would be good to .. thanks..

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always a safe bet with valemount. can hit blue or vale or mcbride from there.

and Valemount is 47 km. closer which is either 15 minutes or one hour less travel time depending on who you are talking to.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
valemount is a shorter distance on the original trip out from AB, but gotta factor in the drive to the staging area in the mornings too, where as mcbride is only minutes from the hotel...

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like mcbride just because its about a 10 min drive to belle and lucille ....renshaw is a bit farther tho.

chrispy

Reaction score
Would like to try chappel ,have never been there, nore has anybody that i ride with. 2 of the guys i am bringing are pretty new, dont want to scare them home..lol.. Would like to hear some input from some locals from town, if you are out there..:)..Leaning more towards Clemina, short ride up.. Are most areas at Clemina accessable this time off year..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes but i usually stay out of there for a few more weeks. a member on here learned that hard way last weekend when he tagged a rock and wrote off his sled. our group has done the same early season. there are some GIGANTIC rocks in clemina.

chrispy

Reaction score
Where would u suggest then Maxwell? Would renshaw or allen be better, been to Bell once, or should i chance a new place and try Chappel..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to both Chappel and clemina this past weekend and Chappel has the best snow! but watch out for the water there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would suggest allan or chappel, im not sure about renshaw. chappel is 58km outside of valemount towards blue river on the right side of the road near the power station

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is excellent information on each of our main riding areas located at Home - Valemount Area Recreation Development Association under snowmobile info and updates. There is google earth maps, and area descriptions to guide you to the staging areas.

The access is good at all three main locations, but the middle trail up allan is a bit icey. As mentioned, clemina can be a bit rocky, but so can everywhere. Its an early season ride, I would go where you are most comfortable.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to try chappel ,have never been there, nore has anybody that i ride with. 2 of the guys i am bringing are pretty new, dont want to scare them home..lol.. Would like to hear some input from some locals from town, if you are out there..:)..Leaning more towards Clemina, short ride up.. Are most areas at Clemina accessable this time off year..

Im the one who tagged the rock . Id stay out for another 3 weeks, There wasnt much to ride as is. Cant get up any cutblocks or anything,.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to renshaw yet?

There were guys up renshaw last weekend and said there was an honest 3.5ft of snow, and we have got more snow since. There are some guys goin up there today so should get a report tonight. If you look under the november conidtions for mcbride there a bunch of pics from last weekend up renshaw. They went played in the meadows up there and had a blast and no damage. Also had alot of guys who went and played up lucielle last weekend in the meadow/trees and not much damage. The ony damage really was the guys who went climbin.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was one of the guys that was up last weekend in McBride. We went up Renshaw for two days , It was early season ridding and we did find a bunch of meadows to play in. The last three KM can be a bit tricky but we only had a few problems through the trees on the first day. Keep in mind there is landmines where ever you go this time of year , you just have to tone her down a bit.

chrispy

Reaction score
Thinking we are going to try chappell sat then go from there. Might as well check it out, havent been there yet

Top Bottom