March conditions 2015

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed away from Renshaw, but up an old favorite!!! Plus 15 and 6-8inches of settled snow. A lot of fun to end the week!!!
Ran into Dragonweld28 and crew, nice to meet them!!! Higgins!
Nice to meet you guys also, and sure alot of places to huck your carcus off there loved it!!!!

cowboytb

Reaction score
Have a place booked for a week in valemont starting on the 22 we have had in booked sence jan but from forcast and posts it looks like Mcbride area has been getting more snow just wonder on how the trails are standing up to all the rain and how the snow is ontop just looking for a little info still going to stay in valemont but we are going to chase the good snow :cool:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod today and it did rain up to or almost to the alpine at Renshaw. There wasn't much accumulation of new snow there. Plus the temps had dropped from +12 to -8 making the trail a solid block of ice!! He made a pass with the groomer but it was flowing more ice chunks than snow so he's going to keep at it to fix it up!!! He did groom Lucielle and it cleaned up well plus there was 7inches of new snow there! So he was doing either Belle or Renshaw again tonight!! Looks like some snow forecast for later in the week so keep your fingers crossed!!

cowboytb

Reaction score
Thx for the info let's hope it snows like it did down south can't wait to get up there and rip it up no matter what a bad day sledding is a good day at work and just a shout out to the guys who groom the trail (Hotrod) it's been a struggle with the rain but thanks for trying to keep the trails smooth :cool:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let pray for a cold blast Mcbride....

And keep the southerners jealous.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dirt and the ice/snow starts just past the booth. All things considered it's still in pretty good shape.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Too bad they didn't groom the slush on Saturday night. Those whoops stayed frozen all day Sunday.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about 3 inches of fresh at the cabin sunday. work is done for this year on the cabin and the only heater working is the one under the big drying rack at the back of cabin. the rest of the work will be done this summer on our fly in day. last groom of the year will be tonite on the Reshaw unless we get a dunp lower in the valley, but Lucille and Belle will continue.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw last Friday and trail was in good shape on the way up. Was snow since my trip a week ago but it was fresh dense go anywhere spring snow. At Spirit lake by 9AM and then NE to the Albeta border and tried the loop back to Mount Pauline. All was going well till a tree jumped infront of me while sidehilling Shale mountain. Both the 10" tree and sled sustained serious damage. Anybody with compete headlights and assembly, gauge carier and airbox for sale can PM me. The wiring harnesses, bulbs and guage cluster survived. Had to tape my belaclava over the intake and tape the three pieces of airbox together by 11AM but rode the rest of the day with th light assembly bungied to the jerry cans on the back and guage cluster taped to what was left of the plastic. Could not ride Saturday as sled was not waterproof to the light drizzle.
Still will call it a good day!

Attachments

• 20150314_150303 - Copy.jpg
    20150314_150303 - Copy.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
rode renshaw last friday and trail was in good shape on the way up. Was snow since my trip a week ago but it was fresh dense go anywhere spring snow. At spirit lake by 9am and then ne to the albeta border and tried the loop back to mount pauline. All was going well till a tree jumped infront of me while sidehilling shale mountain. Both the 10" tree and sled sustained serious damage. Anybody with compete headlights and assembly, gauge carier and airbox for sale can pm me. The wiring harnesses, bulbs and guage cluster survived. Had to tape my belaclava over the intake and tape the three pieces of airbox together by 11am but rode the rest of the day with th light assembly bungied to the jerry cans on the back and guage cluster taped to what was left of the plastic. Could not ride saturday as sled was not waterproof to the light drizzle.
Still will call it a good day!

dam, that sucks, buddy.... Ouch. You okay?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dam, that sucks, buddy.... Ouch. You okay?

Couple sore knuckles that took a hit from the tree but that is it. Didn't bend any metal prts as I had it laid over pretty hard when I made contact so just ripped everything plastic off and stopped at the steering stem. A little tight in the trees on that side of the mountain.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Grooming Update:
After last night's grooming up Renshaw, the guys met and re-evaluated this morning. Last night's grooming turned out VERY well with the cooler temps, so Hotrod will keep grooming for now. There is a smaller parking lot at KM2 just past the bridge and the trail collector will be directing trucks up there. DO NOT park any further up than that or it will wreck the trail and grooming will have to cease. Guys with the larger trailers should probably check with the trailhead collector before heading up there just to make sure to road is not too mushy - if you get stuck, it will be almost impossible to pull you out. Decks would be best at this time.

canadaair

Reaction score
Any word on how much or any fresh up renshaw, mcbride, Lucile. Sounds like they are all still rideable just wondering which one to hit tomorrow.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just booked a room for the weekend, if your going book soon, Bell Mountain....Full,Beaver Creek Full......Think I got the last room at the North Country...almost full if not. Think most B & B,s are full as well! Let it Snow!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heyjude that's great to hear. Thanks for the continued updates and thanks for the continued had work HotRod.

Leaving Thursday at 4pm. Let's hope for a great weekend!

Last edited:
Top Bottom