Major brake problems on Chev

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ouch.... Yup, Hydra-boost Power Brakes...... This Is A Brake System That Uses The P/s Pump To Add The Required Pressures To Create "power Brakes", Instead Of(or In Addition To) Vacuum Brake Boosters..... Quite Often The P/s Pump Is The Fault, But We Too, Have Replaced A Few Booster Units!!! If It Is The Booster Unit, They Are Readily Availbable At The Auto Wreckers For No More Than 1/2 The Price Of A New One.... Have You Already Fixed The Truck?? Call Me If You Have Any Questions!!!!! ;)

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch.... Yup, Hydra-boost Power Brakes...... This Is A Brake System That Uses The P/s Pump To Add The Required Pressures To Create "power Brakes", Instead Of(or In Addition To) Vacuum Brake Boosters..... Quite Often The P/s Pump Is The Fault, But We Too, Have Replaced A Few Booster Units!!! If It Is The Booster Unit, They Are Readily Availbable At The Auto Wreckers For No More Than 1/2 The Price Of A New One.... Have You Already Fixed The Truck?? Call Me If You Have Any Questions!!!!! ;)

Yup already fixed, was kind of in a crunch to get er fixed....nothing $1650.00 won't cover, that included r&r of hydra booster, complete brake fluid flush, complete power steering fluid flush, testing, shop supplies blah, blah blah. The booster itself wasn't to bad, i think $777.00..i thought about the wreckers but my luck i would end up with a damaged one again and when it comes to such an important part like STOPPING i didn't want to risk anymore failure for the safety of myself and family. The only small item left for me to fix is the hood release which broke during last winters week long -40 spell, went to go plug er in and the handle snapped off the release from the cold. Shouldn't be that hard to fix in the driveway......is it?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup already fixed, was kind of in a crunch to get er fixed....nothing $1650.00 won't cover, that included r&r of hydra booster, complete brake fluid flush, complete power steering fluid flush, testing, shop supplies blah, blah blah. The booster itself wasn't to bad, i think $777.00..i thought about the wreckers but my luck i would end up with a damaged one again and when it comes to such an important part like STOPPING i didn't want to risk anymore failure for the safety of myself and family. The only small item left for me to fix is the hood release which broke during last winters week long -40 spell, went to go plug er in and the handle snapped off the release from the cold. Shouldn't be that hard to fix in the driveway......is it?
super easy takes 2 minutes

Top Bottom