Grizzly 700 brake problems

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any body on here can help with an issue I am having with my rear brakes on a 2014 Grizzly the rear brakes are weak when I pull in the lever it goes almost to the bar and the back brakes will not lock up it does slow down but not like it used to. I have replaced the rear pads and discs replaced the fluid ( correct fluid ) and blead and no change in performance no visible leaks anywhere. Any thoughts could the problem be the master cylinder? if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check to see if the disk is bent. Might be bent and pushes your pads to far away from the disk.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New discs just replaced not because of this problem old ones were just worn

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be your master cylinder, had a similar issue with a 15 grizzly I had. I replaced the master cylinder and re bleed and all was good.

Megrizzly

Reaction score
A simple way of testing the master cylinder is to clamp a vise grip about halfway between the master cylinder and where the brake lines enter the body near the handlebars. Since the flow is blocked, applying the brake will result in a solid feel if the cylinder is good.

More than likely, your problem lies at the caliper where the brake pads can bind. Using a file or grinder, remove some of the material from the brake pad around the bottom guide.

Another issue is whether the caliper is floating or not. Inspect the plate that connects the brake caliper to the hub. Remove the allen head nut and remove the plate to grease the pins. This plate can be very difficult to remove. If its difficult, peel back the rubber seal and apply penetrating oil. The pin that the allen head nut is attached to is typically stuck. Flip the plate upside down and use it as a lever to rotate the pin.

Lastly, bleeding brakes should be a last resort on a grizzly. It sometimes goes well, but often times its a tough sob. Most brake problems do not originate with the fluid (master cylinder, air, etc), they're most likely a seized pins or a stuck pad.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice will check the master cylinder if that looks good will look at the Calipers

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the MC vice grip test MC is good so will have to check the campers

Top Bottom