Lost My Favorite Hunting Knife

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks to find another. I have all the little skinning/gutting knives but this was more of a Rambo style knife with a wicked edge on it. Any ideas on where I can get a great knife in Edmonton, whats Bass Pro Shop like in Calgary ............ I would be willing to drive for the right knife!!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i always use a utility knife for skinning and gutting, just change the blade and it is back to sharp again and not to deep to hit the gut pile. Bass Pro shop in calgary is awesome place to see. The best steel i have purchased was in edmontons china town... it was a 3 dollar meat clever thou. Just awesome steel. My knife is a gerber it holds and edge quite well, it is not too brittle or to soft, you can shave with it after it is sharpened.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out CTR refridgeration on 170th in edmonton. They carry a bunch of different knives for butchering and there good priced.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can shop bass pro shop on line, prices are us. there is also cabelas in winnipeg, or try your local hunting shop.

rambo made his own knife

friggin rambo

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 weeks to find another. I have all the little skinning/gutting knives but this was more of a Rambo style knife with a wicked edge on it. Any ideas on where I can get a great knife in Edmonton, whats Bass Pro Shop like in Calgary ............ I would be willing to drive for the right knife!!

buck # 119 great all around knife wholesale sports in Edmonton has em.

P.S.
if moneys not a factor, you should look into the Tom Brown " Tracker" its basically a survival tool. its the knife used on the movie the hunted with Tommy Lee Jones. best knife I have ever seen.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife bought me a cutco hunting knife last year for my birthday. Haven't used it for anything other than cutting up garlic sausage and steak. Guess that means I might be bit of a piss poor hunter cause it hasn't skinned any critters yet...:rolleyes:

cutco knife (Large).jpg

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thead buts whats a good brand of hunting gear like jackets?

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife bought me a cutco hunting knife last year for my birthday. Haven't used it for anything other than cutting up garlic sausage and steak. Guess that means I might be bit of a piss poor hunter cause it hasn't skinned any critters yet...:rolleyes:

View attachment 65439

Bought the black one in the orange colour for my son-in-law and has skinned no less than six animals and have not yet required sharpening.

Last edited:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have already heard but they are building a monsterous Cabelas on the Southside right beside the HUGE Ikea. They've been working on it for a couple months already, can't wait to see the finished product.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

View attachment 65439

They're actually awesome knives for holding an edge ..........

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been useing a Russle for the last 25 yrs and it is awesome holds an edge nice and easy to sharpen I can gut skin and process a moose and never have to sharpen it

Top Bottom