Looking at getting a Ski-Doo 670 Summit X

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a nice 99 670X with an 809, 159' track, m10 skid etc. for 3K.
PM for pics.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed sled prices were much more realistic in BC than in AB. I've been looking around a bit myself for a Doo or Poo in the 600-800cc range late 90's up and there isn't a whole lot out there right now, just gotta keep the eyes peeled.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one myself for ditch banging around home. My old man has a mach 1 670 and that thing f'in rips!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
also, i see in your signature that it says "sherwood park service -- auto select -- auto & light truck maintenance and repairs. I have a 1995 chevy k1500 that currently needs a centre link, a pitman arm, and a power steering pump. It also may need a balljoint. The mechanic i had look at it said that he'd have a better look at it when he was replacing the centre link and pitman arm, but he has been so busy that he isn't able to look at it. Is this something your shop would be able to do?
no problem.... Give me a shout at the shop tomorrow, or tuesday morning. Phone # in my signature lines

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i own a 670 summit with all the standard mods so to speak. For flotation, track extension is the best route to go (rails & tunnel extension, new bumper, new track, drop an roll the chain case). If that isn't an option, new skis & risers would be the next option to make it comfortable to ride in the mountains. As for the price, i don't care how clean it is, it's 16 year old technology, it's not worth any more than $2500. Just imo
rather than drop and roll, the 670x reacts well to 1 tooth smaller external drivers, and then a 2" track will fit without drop and roll.... Fraction of the price

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rather than drop and roll, the 670x reacts well to 1 tooth smaller external drivers, and then a 2" track will fit without drop and roll.... Fraction of the price

That is the inexpensive way to do it. However in my opinion isn't proper, part of doing the longer track is to create a better attack angle which is a key benefit of the drop and roll as well as creating clearance for the 2" track. I do agree with you though, 1 tooth smaller drivers are a great budget option to stuff a 2" under.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
that is the inexpensive way to do it. However in my opinion isn't proper, part of doing the longer track is to create a better attack angle which is a key benefit of the drop and roll as well as creating clearance for the 2" track. I do agree with you though, 1 tooth smaller drivers are a great budget option to stuff a 2" under.

i moved the skid back as well which vastly improved the attack angle... Works awesome, and again only your labour involved, no extra parts, if you're extending your track and installing extensions

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i moved the skid back as well which vastly improved the attack angle... Works awesome, and again only your labour involved, no extra parts, if you're extending your track and installing extensions

How much did you move the skid back and what size of track?

summit1000

Reaction score
So, I took the 670 out for the first ride today. Talk about an unbelievable machine! I went from a 2006 Summit 1000 151" track to a 1998 670 Summit X, and I found myself more impressed with the 670 than I ever was with the 1000. My only complaints are that the 670 is more of a sitting machine. Needs some handlebar risers and a taller seat I think. I also got stuck a lot more than I did with the 1000. (I was stuck about 4 times today, in fairness the powder was waste deep). Other than that I love this sled. It is more fun than the 1000 and it actually feels like it might be faster (top end is better for sure, not sure about low end). It has phenomenal throttle response too. I'm very happy :D

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Older sleds are faster, you are right? Stiffer susp, means power goes directly to the ground. Older sleds also more easy to maintain they are way more simpler.
I 'd rather look on old Polaris Gen2 or Edge then old Skidoo, some skidoo have trailing arms made from aluminium to easy to bent, and spare parts for old skidoo more expensive and difficult to get. Correct me if I am wrong.

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
Older sleds are faster, you are right? Stiffer susp, means power goes directly to the ground. Older sleds also more easy to maintain they are way more simpler.
I 'd rather look on old Polaris Gen2 or Edge then old Skidoo, some skidoo have trailing arms made from aluminium to easy to bent, and spare parts for old skidoo more expensive and difficult to get. Correct me if I am wrong.

I owned a lot of Ski Doo snowmobiles over the years, including the Formula chassis, "F", "S" and "ZX" chassis that were all equipped with trailing arm from suspensions. Every Ski Doo chassis that owned, the factory training arms were made of steel. Replacement arms are quite easy to come by. Royal Distributing out of Ontario has a fantastic winter catalogue that has parts for all of the older machines for very reasonable prices.

summit1000

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the max rpm on the 670 X should be? I'm thinking the clutch might need some adjustments in mine as it will rev to well past 8,000 rpm.

summit1000

Reaction score
Umm no disrespect intended but, I see you are trying to sell it on Kijiji? Problems?

No, I actually quite like it. I wish it had a longer track and handlebar risers. So I found another one with really low mileage for a bit more money that has a longer track and handlebar risers. I'm going to ask a very high amount for this one and see if I get any action on it. To be honest, I don't think it will sell, but ff it sells, I'll probably go buy the other one I found with a 151" x 2" track on it. If it doesn't, I will very happily ride it for the rest of the season. I figure there is no harm in seeing if there is anyone out there who might be interested in buying it.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for given info about Royal Distr
Once I rented ski-Doo MXZ 600 2001, took it for my wife, we went sledding and she did hit a rock.
I was surprise how easy was to bent that trailing arm, in fact it was made of aluminium.
My POlaris could handle of lot of beating, was strong and reliable.
Only one problem was with a fuel consumption. :-(.

summit1000

Reaction score
Owned the 670 for six days and made $750!!! Bought it on Sunday for $3150, sold it today for $3900.

Top Bottom