Looking at getting a Ski-Doo 670 Summit X

summit1000

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a 670 Summit X because I needed to sell my Summit 1000 for budgeting reasons and now need something cheaper. The one I'm looking at is bone stock with 1900 km's on it. Once I get it, I want to do some mods that will cause it to have better floatation in the deep snow and better handling. I don't want to worry about engine mods yet, and I don't want to do any track extensions yet. I was just thinking of maybe upgrading the skis. Any suggestions?

Here is the Kijiji ad. Summit 670 MINT CONDITION - Edmonton Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

The guy said he'd let it go for $3300. From the looking around I did, that seemed like a pretty fair price.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
first things I would do would be a handle bar riser or block.... stock is way too short, may have to reroute the brake hose and get a throttle cable extension, and either change the seat with a taller aftermarket one, or get the seat redone by an upholstery shop.... taller seat is badly needed on those. the skiis aren't bad, on those, and as for floatation, you will need to put a longer track on it. 151" track with rail extensions and tunnel extension work wonders. we have had lotsa experience with the 670x summits..... good power, but they doo trench badly, unless the track is lengthened ...... talk him down in price ;) ........ I am gonna sell my '06 1000rt in the spring or fall, and was only gonna ask $4000 ;)

summit1000

Reaction score
first things I would do would be a handle bar riser or block.... stock is way too short, may have to reroute the brake hose and get a throttle cable extension, and either change the seat with a taller aftermarket one, or get the seat redone by an upholstery shop.... taller seat is badly needed on those. the skiis aren't bad, on those, and as for floatation, you will need to put a longer track on it. 151" track with rail extensions and tunnel extension work wonders. we have had lotsa experience with the 670x summits..... good power, but they doo trench badly, unless the track is lengthened ...... talk him down in price ;) ........ I am gonna sell my '06 1000rt in the spring or fall, and was only gonna ask $4000 ;)

I'm hoping to get it for $3,000. I sold my 2006 Summit 1000 151" for $4650 with 2200 km's on it and a broken bumper. And thanks for the advice. I've never been a big fan of handlebar risers, mainly just because I hate the way they look and find they suck when you just want to sit down, but maybe with a taller seat, it'd be okay with the risers. Are the tracks on them 136" length, 15" wide, 1.75" paddles?

Also, I see in your signature that it says "Sherwood Park Service -- Auto Select -- Auto & Light Truck Maintenance and Repairs. I have a 1995 Chevy K1500 that currently needs a centre link, a pitman arm, and a power steering pump. It also may need a balljoint. The mechanic I had look at it said that he'd have a better look at it when he was replacing the centre link and pitman arm, but he has been so busy that he isn't able to look at it. Is this something your shop would be able to do?

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a 670 Summit with all the standard mods so to speak. For flotation, track extension is the best route to go (Rails & tunnel extension, new bumper, new track, drop an roll the chain case). If that isn't an option, new skis & risers would be the next option to make it comfortable to ride in the mountains. As for the price, I don't care how clean it is, it's 16 year old technology, it's not worth any more than $2500. Just IMO

summit1000

Reaction score
I own a 670 Summit with all the standard mods so to speak. For flotation, track extension is the best route to go (Rails & tunnel extension, new bumper, new track, drop an roll the chain case). If that isn't an option, new skis & risers would be the next option to make it comfortable to ride in the mountains. As for the price, I don't care how clean it is, it's 16 year old technology, it's not worth any more than $2500. Just IMO

Found a cleaner looking one with a 144" track for $2850.
1999 Ski Doo Summit X - Edmonton Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with popsiclestand not worth more than $2500
For $ 3000 you should be able to get into a ZX

summit1000

Reaction score
I have to agree with popsiclestand not worth more than $2500
For $ 3000 you should be able to get into a ZX

I'd happily take a ZX, but all the ZX's for $3,000 have a ton of miles on them.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
loved my 670's

144" is what you want, riser is all you need... easiest sled in the world to wrench on, I'm mechanically retarded and rebuilt the wifes for a bottle of whiskey and $200, got 1500Km out of it when we sold it and still had 150 psi per side.

sold my 99 for $3200 and my 98 for $2800 2 years ago, guys want stupid prices for them, look around you will find a low mile (under 3000km) for $2200-2600.

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know

summit1000

Reaction score
I noticed that too.
Sled was so awesome the ad is already gone.

Yeah, apparently. I am going to look at the first Summit I put in the the thread tomorrow afternoon.....my friend just bought a 2014 Pro RMK 800 155" track.....so jealous...

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently. I am going to look at the first Summit I put in the the thread tomorrow afternoon.....my friend just bought a 2014 Pro RMK 800 155" track.....so jealous...

He'll be jealous the first time he's WOT and turns his head to see you right beside him! Lol good luck man!

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so many machines on kijiji are way over priced.

I just bought a rt1000 for $3000 stock 3000km set up propperly. but not off kijiji. everyone wants $5000 and I'd have to drive 500km or more to look at it. might be ok If a guy lived in idmingtin eh. one guy was asking $6200 for a stock 2006 rt1000 ???

motortech has 2 rt's in good shape with extras for around $4g

maybe they should post them on kijiji for $5500 eh ...

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
Yeah, apparently. I am going to look at the first Summit I put in the the thread tomorrow afternoon.

Are you bringing a compression tester with you? If you are heading to Athabasca to look at the sled, I'm on the way before Athabasca on Hwy. 2 North and could lend you my tester before you head that way. Stef

summit1000

Reaction score
Yeah, apparently. I am going to look at the first Summit I put in the the thread tomorrow afternoon.

Are you bringing a compression tester with you? If you are heading to Athabasca to look at the sled, I'm on the way before Athabasca on Hwy. 2 North and could lend you my tester before you head that way. Stef

Unfortunately the one in Athabasca sold....So I'm going to look at the one in Camrose tomorrow instead. The guy ended up being busy today.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved my 98 X back in the day. Not sure I could go back. Be prepared for your throttle thumb to cramp up the first few rides. Those 44s are a tough pull. Also, you have to blip the throttle when coming down steep hills or they flood and stall.

Top Bottom